Disney to buy Yahoo!?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Jerlene, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just a month after Yahoo’s board of directors summarily kicked CEO Carol Bartz to the curb, rumors are swirling that the once-mighty Internet company is gearing up for a sale.

The first, obvious choice as a Yahoo suitor is Microsoft. The company famously launched a $45 billion hostile takeover offer for Yahoo back in 2008, and currently has a long-term deal with Yahoo to provide search results for Yahoo sites in exchange for a portion of Yahoo’s ad revenue.

Other potential suitors include private equity firms like Silver Lake and Andreessen Horowitz, either acting alone or (more likely) in a coalition.

Other names that have come up in regard to Yahoo: Disney and News Corp.

Read more here: http://news.yahoo.com/yahoo-sale-rumors-swirl-again-might-buy-why-171907648.html

What do you think it will be like if Disney bought out Yahoo!? Out of all the potential buyers that's the only one that stuck out to me. Microsoft would be a good one though. I'd like to see what they would do with Yahoo!.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Personally I'm not a fan of Yahoo, I find them to be very user-unfriendly. If I was in a corporation with that kind of money to invest I would seriously look at the option of using that investment to start a search engine from scratch and beating Yahoo at their own game.

3. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm the same way. I was never really a fan of Yahoo!, I always thought the site was too cluttered like they were trying too hard.