Disavow Tool

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rudradhar, Oct 18, 2012.

1. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I found that useful if you got a lot of spammy backlinks but Matt Cutts specifically said that if you haven't been sent a message that there are iregularities with your backlink activity in Google Webmaster Tools then you don't need it. Yes it is easy to create a file and upload it in GWT but then they are the one's that will decide whether it is appropriate or not. But then again, he said that what you put in there will give them a very strong suggestion that they need to do. If ever you sent the links and want to remove them from the list, it will take a much longer time to remove them from Google's list.

[YOUTUBE]393nmCYFRtA[/YOUTUBE]

#2 cesspadilla, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It's a good development for anyone that has been hit with link spam, it gives them more control and power when it comes to protecting their site.

I recently received a threatening email concerning a link to a site from here on BAF. The person who sent the email threatened me with legal action if I didn't remove the link, which he considered had the potential to damage the rankings of his site. I removed the link and replied to say that I felt no legal obligation to do so, that we were entitled to link to any legal site we wanted and that if he wanted a link removed all he had to do was ask. He replied with an apology saying that his site had been hit with a huge amount of link spam in an effort to damage its rankings. This tool will mean that people like him to disavow links, rather than sending out threatening emails.

4. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good development - in relation to the updates that Google continues to roll out in the last few months and probably in the upcoming more weeks and months.

5. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's an awful experience answering emails like that. But I guess a lot of people nowadays are being too hot-headed with all the changes Google is making. I do hope that this tool can really help us. I'm still skeptic about the tool but sure is a cheap way rather than paying people to remove the links.

6. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The new disavow tool can certainly be useful in some cases, but as Matt Cutts repeats several times in the video, it should not be used at all by most websites. For example, there are a lot of spammy sites that pick up information on millions of sites from Whois and simply repeat back the information. In that case, I am sure that Google is smart enough to discern the pattern and not penalize sites based on those types of spammy links.

7. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm very thankful to Google because, I have some spam links which I want to remove from the last some weeks, sites owner was not answering me. I just request to Google now !

8. b2b.expert

b2b.expert
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very helpful tool where you can remove spam links and avoid yourself from penalizing from search engines.

9. Jacob_Thompson

Jacob_Thompson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it is a nice tool for informing Google about spam backlinks. Has anyone used it?

10. onlinemarketing

onlinemarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I haven't had any warning from Google as of yet but I sure like to stay informed.

11. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Bing Webmaster Tool also have a Disavow Links Tool. I'm not really sure when they released it. I haven't really noticed it before. But with a bit researching, looks like Bing beat Google in releasing this kind of tool.

12. jackjohan7299

jackjohan7299
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not used this tool yet.But i look forward to use this tool remove spam back links.

13. malim

malim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

[Similar Threads Merged!]

15. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It seem like a good tool, but what if webmaster use it for negative purpose? simply report a link as spam, and Google collecting it as part of their algorithm database.