Directory submission will be helpful in today's SEO trends?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by borgninestallone, Sep 20, 2012.

1. borgninestallone

borgninestallone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, do you think that in today's SEO industry directory submission will help anymore in ranking a site in search engines.

Actually directory submission is the oldest method in ranking a site. But after the recent Google penguin update will doing directory helps in ranking a site or keywords. Also, we would not get instant approval from the directories and also if we get instant approval, the category page you were given backlinks will not cached or indexed means, what is use in submitting in those directories?

2. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Still help, but it getting devalue. Directory like DMOZ and Business.com have huge number of real visitor, so the link still work.

3. borgninestallone

borgninestallone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks, I submitted my site in DMOZ but still not getting approved. May i know when my site will be added to the DMOZ directory?

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

According to DMOZ "it may take several weeks or more before your submission is reviewed". In my experience it is more like several months to a year. My suggestion would be to just submit your site as best you can and then forget about it for a year or so. If it gets added that's a bonus, but from what I've read there is nothing you can do to speed up the submission process.

5. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah directory submission is useful if submission is related to the site niche only.

6. MarkH

MarkH
    uix_expand uix_collapse

DMOZ takes months and months to approve links on their directory. 6 months before i submitted a website and haven't got any reply after that. I m still waiting.

Most of the directory links are useless these days. Don't just select random directories, Submit your website to good directories which have atleast PR5

7. RachaelJetkins

RachaelJetkins
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Directory submissions are good for search engine optimization however it is also important to perform the other SEO activities. However directory submissions works in terms of increasing the online visibility of the keywords.

8. borgninestallone

borgninestallone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks MarkH. But if my site is very new to search engine and if i try to submit in PR 5 site, will they approve my site and get listed in their category.?