Directory sites any good?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Scarface_007, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I was thinking of creating web Directory site, just wanted to know is there anything good about directory site or shall i avoid it not much to make from them?

#1 Scarface_007, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  2. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I actually don't know much about this. I think you should go for a Entertainment Portal site which can be much profitable for you. People like to pay in a popular site than a directory site unless it's free. That's my opinion.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Scarface_007 were you planning a general web directory or a niche directory?

4. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

general mainly for people to add their forums and blogs... (in another words dmoz copy hehe)

5. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you dont have to necessarily waste your time on directories. lets take a more practical approach by asking ourselves a question - Do we actually browse directories to find sites belonging to the niche we like? Everyone likes to find things their own way and bump into them.. Unless you opening a roleplaying forum, wasting time, efforts and money on directory sites would be a complete waste.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks rocko ye i had doubts on this, now i'm cleared on this thanks to you, I will try something else, been trying lots of things just not working out, but not stopping.

7. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Directories are not preferred now like they used to be. I think you are trying to do too many things at once. What you can do is focus on what's more important and work to get the best out of it and simultaneously work on other things but do not devote all your time to that only.

8. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yes Rocky I'm doing lots of things due to not getting hit on one i move to next thats the problem, but will continue working on them like you said and see if it goes forrward thanks for the advice.

9. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I totally agree with LordRoco. People use Google to search sites than Directories.