Direct Mail vs Email Marketing ...

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by graphic designer, Jun 29, 2010.

1. graphic designer

graphic designer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am a freelance graphic designer and would like to know what has a better turna round rate at getting clients direct mail or email marketing ?

thanks,

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

A lot would depend on how you position your service, your niche and your target market. For example an email marketing campaign might work best if you provide low cost logos to anyone that wants them. Whereas a direct mail campaign could work best, if you target higher value clients and you provide a logo design service at the premium end of the market. You could try both forms of marketing.

If you can tell us a little more about your pricing policy and who your target customers are, we should be able to give you more specific suggestions.

3. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it really depends on the service your doing. if you create a logo lets say on photoshop, I would prefer emailing it. If it was something in real life like a badge then I would mail it.But if it was something like a form, I would email it and give them the option of either mailing it or emailing it back.

For marketing, I would think that mailing would make you look a bit more professional but I would also include mail or email options for the user.

4. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well i would suggest that you adopt a multi pronged approach ,both direct and email marketing but make sure that you write your sales letter properly in a way that it attracts the attention of your potential customers.

5. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They are all valid suggestions. One logic filter I use as one of my should I email or direct mail market includes whether I am marketing to people who get bombarded daily by a million emails in which mine will be lost. In those instances direct mail often has a chance of doing better.

6. painter

painter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think u can try to do email marketing.

Just show some information about what business you are doing and see if they are interested in doing business with u.

Hope that will help u.

7. Seb_Brantigan

Seb_Brantigan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Email marketing ALWAYS has the best turnout; it is so much cheaper too, and you can send as many broadcasts as you want without having to worry about printing costs etc. per mailing.

8. WebWizard

WebWizard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would focus on the standards for both, see which response you get a more postive result from than direct your attention towards the successful. Some things work better then others, so its always great to explore your options, but to be honest both Marketing tatics for emailing work great if you use the resources available to you properly.

Goodluck friend!

9. rapidbilling

rapidbilling
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello friends,

Both direct mail and email marketing have their its own pros and cons. So it depends upon your type of business, you have to choose one of them..Using opt-in e-mail can be a great way to generate leads and sales. But so can regular snail mail.

You can get more details from businessknowhow.com/directmail/ideas/compare.htm

Hope this helps you..!!

10. Alayna

Alayna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

E mail marketing is less expensive as compared with direct mail marketing. But direct mail is the best way to reach people who will actually read your advertisement whereas through email people may just glance at it without giving much importance. The best way is to research on your business and then choose the medium for marketing. As both email marketing and direct mail have some pros and cons, which you have to identify and choose accordingly.

11. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will choose direct email because companies received thousands of email marketing mails on the daily basis so they all go straight to the junk folder, to make your self different from the spam looking mails you should prefer direct email in my opinion.