Direct contact or else wait for a response?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Mili, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Mili

Mili
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello guys, how are you? First thing first: I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

Now, I sent a logo I've designed to a company and they told me it had been forwarded to the director in charge for consideration. On the other hand, they gave me this man's email address just in case I wanted to follow up with him. My doubt here is; should I wait to see if I get a response? Or else should I get in contact with him directly? I don't want to be a burden to anyone.

Well, that's it so far. Thank you everyone in advance.

Have a nice weekend!

2. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think following up with a polite email and the start of the week is a good idea. Touch base, confirm your contact info, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree that a follow up is appropriate. Simply let the person know your contact information and that you are looking forward to getting his feedback.

4. MoneyTrack

MoneyTrack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No problem at all with contacting him. Just don't push the "hard sale" as this may turn people off.

5. Mili

Mili
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you all!

6. BacklinksInc

BacklinksInc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Id for sure follow up with an email or even a phone call or two. You cant be scared to engage your clients and or potential customers. Some think they can hide behind there computer all day. But you will find that when you get in there and engage those customers they open right up. Most people in today's society are used to being sold, and it actually works in our favor, get right in motion with the sellers (do what they do) and go get that customers money. lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree with the other comments, that you should contact the director in question. They would not have given you his email if they did not want you to contact him. Also, the director may be impressed by your interest and prefer to do business with someone who follows up on their work, as opposed to a supplier who just sits back and waits.

8. pete.mcal

pete.mcal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't be afraid to follow up by email or even phone, it shows you are keen and are a good communicator. Businesses look for people who have speedy and reliable communication. This is because if they choose to work with you they'll want to know you'll be able to correspond with them in a timely manner and discuss any variations, problems or advancements.

Best of luck!

• Like Like x 1
  9. TimB

TimB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you should follow up and tell them that you are still waiting. This will show your interest for work, I would recommend that you email them as a reminder!

10. micheal.burns1

micheal.burns1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yup!! Contacting the director of the company would atleast clear your confusion. So try to contact them asap.

11. 2misi.com

2misi.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It doesn't matter if you got in touch with them politely. This is because, its is our right to get a follow-up examination.*