Digital marketing.

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Jerlene, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you own an actual business, do you market it online? I know a lot of businesses where I live don't actually have websites, they usually just create a Facebook page for the business and market through there.

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They actually survive with just it, Marketing in facebook, I recently bought a t-shirt from someone who sells T-shirts in facebook and I asked him if he also market or promote his printed shirts in some local forums and he said no. Just in facebook - he usually adds friends in facebook thats why he also gets suspended from adding for a month, a pretty patient guy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lincoln Smith

Lincoln Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well in my opinion having a website is must if you are owning a business. Promoting business on facebook is one of the type of online marketing which we call Social Media marketing but website is must.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's an interesting story. Does he manufacture the t-shirts himself or does he just resell them?

5. jaysh4922

jaysh4922
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Digital Marketimg is not just one term but it is made up of a number of terms and techniques like web designing, content strategy, blogging, content management, e mail marketing, social media and search engie optimization or SEO..

6. Peter_Palmer

Peter_Palmer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have to have a website - it's like your shop window. When someone is looking for a product or a service, the majority of searches will start on the search engines. This alone should be enough to persuade everyone that a website is vital for their business.

7. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

He buys plain white/black shirts and then he prints his designs using thier machine. I believe this is his page. Last week, an annual celebration in our city is held called Sinulog Fetival and its the SInulog Festival Shirt that I bought. scroll down and take a look at his designs.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks ownedbox, I've liked the page. He has a great range of t-shirts. Good for him, he has obviously put a lot of work into it. It is very interesting to see a business set up like that and I hope it goes very well for him.

• Like Like x 1
  9. spyindiashiv

spyindiashiv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Digital marketing is where marketing meets the internet and other forms of new media, such as cell phones and even video games.

10. andrewtarant

andrewtarant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Digital marketing is a type of marketing that use electronic device for business marketing to talk directly to target audience. Its include all marketing tool in it like online marketing, mobile marketing, TV marketing, radio marketing, etc. This is very effective, easy and cost effective way for business marketing to get success in business.

11. Mchetan

Mchetan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello andrewtarant,

I really appreciate your reply, you said fantastic about digital marketing. I am a SEO which is a part of digital marketing.

Thanks

12. Sonera_group

Sonera_group
    uix_expand uix_collapse

now a days, facebook is one of the best social site because it have daily million of user traffic so you can just create your product and share into facebook profile to drive hug of customers and you can easily gain your business online and other social site such as twitter and linkedin help to grow your business more ....

13. Ben Wood

Ben Wood
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter is really very nice and effective site for promote any business online all of the website is helpful for promote business quickly.

14. Ramona Vandusen

Ramona Vandusen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I appreciate with you. Social media is growing very popular marketing strategy and it is the best way to converse with the customer. In this way you can know your customer likes and dislikes and you can answer their problems as soon as possible. As a customer I want to see the comments on products, because it is more trustworthy than an advertisement.

15. Justin Miller

Justin Miller
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Digital media is an ever-growing source of entertainment, news, shopping and social interaction, and consumers are now exposed not just to what your company says about your brand, but what the media, friends, relatives, peers, etc., are saying as well.

16. webtechinfo

webtechinfo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just creating a Facebook page wouldn't help, there are several ways available to market your services online. Even digital marketing is wide spectrum to explore but as you are taking about internet marketing, the first requirement is your own web page. A Facebook wouldn't give you complete control about how to display your services or products. Despite owning a webpage you can go for...

Search Engine Marketing
    Email Marketing
    Content Marketing
    Affiliate Marketing
    Banner Advertising
    Display Advertising (Google, Bing)

etc...

17. Lorence Merk

Lorence Merk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most businesses today market their business online because a bulk of people use it to search for what they really want. I guess it it necessary to anyone who have a business to have their own website or social media page to market their business. It is also a way to upgrade your services.

18. GarageDoor

GarageDoor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

digital marketing is the promotion of products or brands via one or more forms of electronic media. Digital marketing differs from traditional marketing in that it involves the use of channels and methods that enable an organization to analyze marketing campaigns and understand what is working and what isn’t – typically in real time.

19. ferrychristian

ferrychristian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Marketing is simply a promotion of products, but when the word digital comes as a prefix , it is all related to internet i.e. electronic media. This kind of marketing is the far better approach then traditional marketing. It involves campaigns , various tool. This area is very vast.

20. paradisegold

paradisegold
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi..
    You think to create Facebook page and using them to promote your site. This is good idea for business promotion because Facebook have million of active users and it is one of biggest social media tool help to get more sales and user traffic. if your business is professional or you want to more promote so you can use other social media site to get more traffic such as linked in, twitter and G+.

Thanks ..:)

• Like Like x 1