Different types of Units under a Single Franchise

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by omoro, Jul 31, 2013.

1. omoro

omoro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I own a grocery store or some other type of franchise that offers multiple products, is it legal to sell units that offer different products and services? Example: My franchised Grocery Store XYZ has a seafood and bakery department. Can I sell another franchise in another part of town with the name XYZ Grocery Store- Bakery and XYZ Grocery Store- Seafood. Each store only carries one basic product line. So, one franchise, splits.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yes, I don't see any reason why not. There are high profile brands that are used to market different types of products and services. For example, Virgin (although it's not a franchise") has lots of different products and services under the Virgin brand name.

Why would you be concerned that it's not legal?

3. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Although its legal to sell different items under single brand name,but I think you have to pay taxes for that different franchise also...But if you want you can connect both of your business like you may show baked sea food also in the name of bakery and seafood and then you may run your franchise comfortably...