Difference Between Cloaking And Doorway Pages

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by smartkathy, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know everybody know about cloaking and doorway pages in SEO. These are purely black hat SEO technique. But can anyone please tell me what is the basic difference between these two words?

Hope I will get my answer here. Thanks in advance. Please narrate it in simply in your own language. :)

2. prakash

prakash
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A Doorway page is a keyword stuffed page which after a few minutes redirects to another page by using meta refresh. But this is consider as black hat technique.
    cloaking is also consider as black hat technique. in cloaking bot sees different content whereas the visitors see a totally different content, It may refer to hidden text in a web site i.e. by font size or hidden text and there are many other technique.

• Like Like x 3
  3. sophieperrone

sophieperrone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your answer is nearer but not completely agree as Doorway pages not one which automatically redirect to other page but the pages are created solely to promote few keywords and users are referred to some other websites through banner or links.

Where as in cloaking, you are having different copy of same page for crawler and user.

Hope it will help :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. spyindiashiv

spyindiashiv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both are black hat SEO technique in clocking content provided to the search engine spider is different from the information displayed to the user's browser.
    Doorway pages: are web pages written few particular keywords or phrases, to gain attraction from specific search engines and spiders. Doorway pages standalone pages work as a bridge between user and your website.

5. jaysh4922

jaysh4922
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes both are black hat seo technique,Cloaking is a technique where in the content presented to the robot is different from that presented to the user's browser..and Doorway pages are simple HTML pages that are customized to a few particular keywords...

6. bobmill

bobmill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

both are the different concept but one thing is common that such are black hat techniques. Cloaking means : According to Google cloaking is "a website that returns altered webpages to search engines crawling the site.

Doorway pages:Doorway pages are Web pages designed and built specifically to draw search engine visitors to your website.

7. Nathan112

Nathan112
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Cloaking is a technique of serving different versions to the same page to visitors, whereas doorway pages is a creation of numerous identical pages.

8. shreevenkatesh

shreevenkatesh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Doorway page is a keyword stuffed page which after a few minutes redirects to another page. The real page webmaster wants to show. This page is generally Affiliate page or a CPA offer. So using doorway pages, both Google and human see the same page.

Cloaking is a condition when search engines like Google and Yahoo see the doorway page ie the keyword optimized page whereas the visitors see a totally different page, which again is generally an Affiliate or a CPA offer.

9. sulbha

sulbha
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

A Doorway page is a keyword stuffed page which redirects to another landing page by using wp plugins.
    in cloaking bot sees different content whereas the visitors see a totally different content.

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This thread is now closed. If you have something new to add, PM me and I'll re-open it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.