Did Google raise pay per click rate recently?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by KarenH, Nov 13, 2014.

1. KarenH

KarenH
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I noticed Google first page ppc rate raised a lot for many keywords we used. Did you see the same issue?

2. prestonp

prestonp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google does not raise or reduce PPC rates. The rates are all adjusted automatically according to the bids placed on the keywords by other adword marketers. If you have noticed increase in your PPC rates then it is most likely because other marketers are raising the bids on those keywords. It may be because Black Friday and Holidays are near and many service or product offering sites feature new offers that they want to promote through Google ads.

3. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Exactly I agree with Prestonp. Just like the share market price, price of keywords are literally raised or dropped as per the demand of the keywords.

4. CoolHandCol

CoolHandCol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I had a similar experience recently on Google shopping. When I looked, there were 3 new competitors advertising. There's not a lot you can do about it I'm afraid

5. SConsultant

SConsultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Definitely; experienced the same.
    Running the survey client paid 75% more last month than the average (fenestration business). Maybe early Christmas rush (not) :)
    Usually the Y/Y rates have been stable so far but this was an outstanding one.

6. midnightblur

midnightblur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Or maybe just because you quality score has dropped, it can be a reason that make your actual CPC raised.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This is a very good point. If your quality score is not high enough, you could actually wind up paying more than someone whose ad is placed higher.