Did anyone monitor a drop in their keyword ranking?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Nimit.Suri, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Nimit.Suri

Nimit.Suri
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just had this query of keywords which got demoted from page 4 to no pages at all. I am doing the basic seo for the website and the keywords were constant from months and didn't spam with any directories or any sort of things which would affect the keyword ranking. But i grew worried when i noticed the change in more 2 to 3 keywords!
    I dun know if there is any change made in the algorithm or google is focusing on some other things .Its just so unpredictable that keywords can get demoted so low in a span of 2 to 3 days!

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Ranking has gone up in some cases, no pages have dropped ranking by more than one or two spots.

Which means google doesn't like the site or the SEO work you have been doing.

What basic SEO have you done? I'm assuming it is: Page titles, H1, initial paragraph, content structures, lists, image captions and alt text, internal linking, anchor text, cross referencing, relevancy, synonyms, reduced keyword density and so on.

3. AverageFunnyGuy

AverageFunnyGuy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

there has been instances where some of the keywords have gone up, some have gone down, some aren't just moving from 46th position ...
    I'm too confused. :/

4. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

What's to be confused about?

SEO if done properly will not be affected by google's changes. If your ranking is stuck as 46th place it means you aren't doing it right or (more likely) your competitors are doing it better.

I've got sites that have ranked well for years and haven't budged.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

It's good that you're not spamming with directories. But, as far as "any sort of things that would affect the keyword ranking", like fisicx, I am wondering what kind of Basic SEO you have been doing. I would also like to know how many keywords you are pursuing, and if the 2 or 3 keywords were ones that you are working on. Years ago, we used to get what we called a "residual effect", where we(and our clients) would get rank increases on keywords we were not actively pursuing. Since we were not actively pursuing them, some would then disappear. Rankings do also change because of the way the algorithm works, so depending on how many you have, just two or three could be a natural occurrence, and it could be temporary.
    The actual cause may take an in-depth analysis to find, but with more information, we might be able to point you in the right direction.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. w3web

w3web
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes !!! Google new algorithm update is seriously monitoring the quality of the data and any type of black or gray hat practices. some of them are use less keywords, i.e. limit the density to 3 to 5%. place high quality content in your website or else Panda and Penguin are there to penalize your website or ban it permanently.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Nimit.Suri

Nimit.Suri
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the help fellow members and experts .The keyword started showing automatically after 3 to 4 days .And in a better position.It got me off the edge to find the keyword completely disappeared from the search engine .It looks good now
    :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jennifer Martin

Jennifer Martin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The same thing took place with one of my website as well. Keyword ranking for some keywords dropped and improved for some keyword. I think there might be some Google update. I have ping Google to cache my website through webmaster. Hopefully this will help to increase the ranking.