Designing CnC

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Keaton, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Keaton

Keaton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Please could people give me some feedback on this forum I am designing for someone.

http://fgf.kmhost.org/

The forum is not near completion yet but do you like the logo, background and topic layout?

Keaton.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I would say that the forum looks fine but not overly exciting to be honest. Who are the target users of the forum? If it is targeted at younger people, it may need a little more colour added to the content areas. The grey looks quite dull to be honest. Like any forum, the most important factor is the content, which is more important than the forum design.

Personally I find it quite annoying the way the name of the forum blocks out the faces of some of the characters, in the forum header. Maybe you could lower the name, so it is only over their bodies. However, that might be just me. I would also suggest that the blue colour of the word "Forum" clashes a little with the background green colour.

Overall I'd give the design 6+ out of 10. Obviously the above is just my opinion and other people might love it. Good luck with it and please post back with your thoughts.

[Moving thread to Online Business forum!]

3. Keaton

Keaton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your feedback.

One of the main css files has somehow been deleted which may be why it is so dull. I'm trying to get it now; I might have to start from the beginning.:dunno:

4. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The banner is good but it only will attract those visitor below 18. It will be great if you are target on primary school student.

5. Keaton

Keaton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your feedback and I have manged to sort it out a bit again.

Like I said its not my forum, but the main attraction is for teenagers because that's probably the biggest group who watch family guy.

Primary school children watch family guy?:|

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm not sure that I like the dotted lines between posts, in topic view. It's a bit distracting for me, however, maybe it's something your target audience would like.

7. muqtada123

muqtada123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

firstly i do not agree with domain name, it is a strange name, is it for some other country where language is different than english

8. Keaton

Keaton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's what I thought but the person who I am designing it for likes it so I left it.:dunno:

Its only on that domain until its done and then he is swapping it over to a .co.uk one.

.org means organization. Its my domain even though its I do not have an organization, but it was cheap. :p

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I see that you have added some colour to the forum listings area on the forum home page, it looks much better - more exciting and appealing. The dotted lines are no longer showing for me, in topic view.

10. Keaton

Keaton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have now nearly finished, how is it now?

Thanks.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It looks great Keaton, well done with it. The only very small comment I would make is that personally I don't like the way you use a small lower case "i" in "iNDEX" on the Nav Bar. In fact I might change that word to "Home" or "Forum Home".

12. Keaton

Keaton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal. Thats just how the font is, but I have now changed the text to say Home. :)

Has anyone else got any criticism for me?