Density in terms of SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Tradegateway, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tradegateway

Tradegateway
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What is keyword Density in terms of SEO and how to set?

2. Asher ross

Asher ross
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Keyword density: The number of times a specific keyword or catchphrase is used in the entire number of words in the page is known as keyword density and it is measured in terms of percentage. The search engines have become smarter and today if you try to over stuff the webpage with keywords that does not go with content and are simply sliced in the content just because you want to the website to rank good in SERP but this will have a negative effect on the website and it will be penalised.

Many experts of the SEO field consider the optimum level for keyword density should be between 1 to 3 percent of the entire webpage. The experts also says that this is just an optimum percentage which should suffice the keyword density need and exceeding this optimum percentage may cause the search engines to consider the keyword stuffing as spam. There is no specifying optimum keyword density percentage that can be used as a benchmark. It all depends on the content that will be used in the webpage. Thus the keyword density that has to be used must be in tandem with content of the webpage. :applaud:

3. khanrashid441

khanrashid441
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keyword density deals with the ratio of your keywords in light of the total number of index able words placed in your webpage.
    Normally keyword should be around 1 to 2 % in the webpage.Its shouldnot be more than 5 percent.

4. Tonylest75

Tonylest75
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keyword density is also an import thing in seo, It is the no. frequency of keyword in relation other words on a page or in a paragraph. It should not be great than 3%. If you will you more times a keyword in your content than it will be keyword stuffing. Keyword stuffing may be a cause of Google on-page penalty, and your website will be de rank in search engine ranking for that keyword.

5. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keyword density in any web page is the no of times a keyword is used there. How much distance is maintained and how well they are designed so that it should not look overloaded with keywords. Make the keyword density looks decent in between the set of content for the web pages.

6. CoolHandCol

CoolHandCol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2% maximum I would say. Try to use other keywords which mean the same. Google is clever enough to pick this up

7. webdesignphx

webdesignphx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is a good topic. I have developed websites with up to 7% that were not punished depending on the industry. But I agree 5% is high. So normally I roll with 3-4%

Good luck!

8. rajdeep01

rajdeep01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The preferred keyword density rate varies from search engine to search engine. In general, it is recommended using a keyword density rate in the range of 1-3%. Too much keyword density can cause your site to be tagged as spam.

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This thread is now closed. If you have something new to add, PM me and I'll re-open it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.