Delete my account

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by ep2012, Jul 31, 2016.

1. ep2012

ep2012
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not allowed to say hi here so I apologize in advance.

How do I delete my account from this forum?

Pretend I said "Thank you" as I'm sure that's not allowed either.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

As you can see, I moved your post to a more appropriate forum. You are right, no one, including staff, is allowed to say "hi" or "Thank you", because doing either adds very little value, if any, to the discussion. If your post is the initial post in an introduction thread, the purpose is to introduce yourself by telling us a little bit about yourself, rather than simply saying something like "I am new here". Members are also not allowed to submit a post that simply says "Thank you" or "Thanks for the information", or similar posts, unless they can also specify why they are thanking the person or how the thread helped them. If a member simply wants to say "thank you" to an individual, that's what the icons at the bottom right of each post are for.
    We appreciate those who can give helpful advice to others, and I am sure that members who write helpful posts appreciate it when they find that their advice truly was helpful. You are welcome to do either of these as long as it adds to the discussion. If there was a specific post that you submitted that was removed, we can tell you why it was removed if you can provide more details. I assure you, we were not picking on you, we treat all members the same, and try our best to fix any problems that may arise.

3. ep2012

ep2012
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I DIDN'T just say "Hi", so exaggerating doesn't get you anywhere with me. Why don't you tell everyone the TRUTH about what you really said to me in the PM? Of course I know this post will be deleted & edited because that's what control freaks do.

And you didn't move my thread you removed it. No mention of moving. That's what you stated in your PM.

Now I don't like you personally, & therefore I find your forum of no use to be because I refuse to argue with someone who thinks they know it all when they don't, & I won't be party to a forum where I have to be nervous about posting for fear you will call me names, delete a post that took me time to write or try to give me English lessons.

So I'll repeat again, HOW DO I DELETE MY ACCOUNT?

I love how you ignored my question.

4. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

You don't delete your account, all you have to do is stop posting like many thousands of others have done.

5. BA

BA
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You have been deleted. Thanks!..

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I was actually going to respond to ep2012's post, but I was asked to work a double shift at work so I couldn't get here in time. For the benefit of those who may want to know, however, I am going to address a few of her points

She has a point here. When she made her original request, the post was I removed was one of many, and I did not recall the exact post she was referring to. After doing some research, I discovered she was correct - although I felt the "Hi" was unnecessary, leaving it in would not have mattered. It was a minor point in my opinion, but she disagreed.

That's one of the things I originally intended to do with this post - reveal the actual circumstances, and let others form their own opinion. As far as her "knowing" that the post would be removed, obviously, it was not.

The original thread was indeed removed, but she was also given the option of rewriting the thread to make it sound more professional. This thread was moved from the Off Topic Discussions" forum to it's current location, and it this thread that I was referring to when I notified her that her thread had ben moved.

I do not think, nor have I ever claimed, to "know it all". I would be the first to admit I do not. And, I never called her names, as far as I know. Also, no one needs to be nervous about posting unless their intention is to post useless junk or gibberish, neither of which applies in this case. Many people have come here, and will continue to do so, for business advice. If I can help someone sound more mature and more professional, to help them get the advice they need from someone who has the knowledge to help them, I will do so.

As I have already explained, I did not deliberately ignore her question. And, as we now know, she has her answer. I honestly wish it could have been different.

7. Steve Imke

Steve Imke
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Please delete my account also