Dec 2009 Challenge - Personal Energy Improvement

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Fergal, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

My personal challenge for Dec 2009 is to significantly improve my personal energy levels. My personal energy isn't actually that bad, however, I do feel that it could be improved. To help achieve this challenge I've written a list of books and websites that I will research throughout the month, for tips to improve personal energy. Obviously these tips will only help, if I implement them.

It's difficult to measure personal energy and I can't think of any definitive measure that I could use to determine whether or not I have achieved my goal and successfully completed the challenge by the end of the month. Any ideas?

I've started a new thread for Tips to Improve Personal Energy and I'd welcome any suggestions you have for that thread.

2. Keaton

Keaton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Personal energy is important, I too lack it usually when at school because its usually easier to talk then to do the work. Most of the time though its because I'm tired.

What are you trying to achieve by having my energy?

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Keeping a regular sleeping pattern and trying to get at least eight hours sleep every night is a good start for most people.

Good question, I want to enjoy life more, without feeling tired or drained and I want to put more energy and focus into developing and growing BAF to become the biggest most user-friendly and helpful business forum on the web.

4. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's going to be a tough one Fergal! With Christmas just around the corner, the usual festivities and all that brings with it could lead to a drain in energy this month! I usually find that my personal energy is replaced by a child like buzz at this time of year (waiting to see the kids excitement) and it takes a day or two after Christmas to recover.

I personally do not remember the last time I actually slept for a full 8 hours, I look forward to the day once the kids are fully grown and my business can stand on its own two feet so that I can get into a decent routine.

Best of luck with it this month. I have put two 1 hour blocks in my calendar each week this once and during this time I close down my email, blackberry, mobile and office phone, put the radio on and listen to a little comedy. It is a great stress relief and a quick boost of energy usually follows.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the encouragement Sean. You make a good point and I feel that an important aspect of boosting my energy will be scheduling some down time, when not only do I not work but I don't think about work and do something that I really enjoy.

Christmas is usually hectic for me, but this year I plan on taking it a little easier and be careful not to over indulge. I'd like to make this the first January for quite some time, that I don't feel completely drained and in need of detoxification :)

6. angdeer

angdeer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Exercising can play a huge role in this as well as eating better.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's absolutely right, I try to do both of them. One area I do fall down is in eating junk food a little too often. Making an effort to cut back on it now.

8. solagracia77

solagracia77
    uix_expand uix_collapse

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for those links solagracia77, some useful tips there. I especially like the tip about saying thanks 50 times a day. Expressing your gratitude is a great way of helping yourself to feel better.

10. johndale

johndale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Definitely exercise is the best. It gives you daily extra strength and eating the right kind of food.