data security

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by tom52, Jan 15, 2013.

1. tom52

tom52
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to keep on the VPS my personal information, not only as the backup, but just store data on the VPS.
    I am interested in whether the information will be adequately protected, not only from the side intrusion,
    but also from the approach of the hosting company, where I rented vps, .. thank in advance.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

A lot of that would depend on the security and reliability of your hosting company. Can you tell us what security procedures and certification they have in place? Is your hosting company reputable?

3. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It really depends on hos the hosting environment is set up. What security features are being used? Is everything up to date on software and OS end?

Also to keep in mind is if you are using any 3rd party or custom script, is it up to date and coded properly. There are many variables involved in server security so it's a broad question that requires a more customized approach. You can always have a server admin look through your set up and lock things down and audit your server.

4. aylin

aylin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hello

The company that I use for vps No Password from my vps so that neither their workers can not access them unless I allow it, and as far as the general security vps is safe as long as your pc :)

5. jakson0100

jakson0100
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In view of the fact that we are now living in an age where majority of the business and personal data is being stored in a digital manner, it’s very important to maintain a backup of that data on a safe location, with the ability of access for the other users. So buying a VPS to be used as a storage option for critical data and backups can be seen as one of the best ways to accomplish both goals at once.

6. tom52

tom52
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks to everyone for their helpful advice and informations!!!