Crowd funding activities?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by asd345, Sep 19, 2012.

1. asd345

asd345
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, I got a husiness idea, whats your opinion?

As crowdfunding is big it seems logical that using it to enable people for activities instead of businesses might work as well. Take a party: Somebody posts when it is, what music is played, which artists join and what the price is. Everybody can participate transfers the price and if it doesn’t happen it gets transferred back. Might work for demonstrations or community activities as well. There would be no price included, but clicks would make the site profitable though ads.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum asd345 and thanks for your suggestion. I do like your idea of using crowd-funding for managing events like that. Is this something you have actually used yourself?

3. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It might work. In a sense, it is what promoters already do, but they make their money not from clicks but through the spread. In other words, they select the venue, hire the artists, arrange for the sound, lighting, etc... and then start selling tickets. If sales before the event look like the event is not going to cover the costs, they can cancel the event and refund the money.

There is a lot of work and coordination needed to pull off any large event. Unless it is simply a band setting up its own equipment in a local pub, I don't see how your idea would provide the level of coordinated effort necessary to stage the event.

4. asd345

asd345
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hey,no, because it didnt exist yet.

Hey,

right, but my idea is: just pay the promoter or whoever it is that coordinates that. The surplus comes over the mass of parcitipantis. Id try to avoid any work apart from the plattform, as it would exactly be too complicated.