Credit - Links on Styles you Create

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Matt, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you put a link to your website on the styles you create for web pages? I haven't been doing it for the ones I have but I only have done a few so far.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Adding links to your site and getting credit for your work is always worth doing. When I visit a site and like the design I always look to see if I can find a link to the designer's website. Links like this are a good way for you to get additional design work and they will also help with your own site's SEO.

3. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oooh, good point you brought up there. I never thought of how it could effect the SEO. This brings up a quick question I had. Would just a watermark kind of thing help the SEO or would it have to be a link?

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Matt a watermark is just an image and it won't help your SEO directly. However, it might help bring more people to your site, if people who see the image type your site's address into their browser.

5. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

oh ok, I see. I guess people will be more likely to click a link rather than type in something in their browser. That is something I'm going to need to fix :x