Credit Card Dispute form customer even shipped to billing address

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by smashrc, May 17, 2011.

1. smashrc

smashrc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a customer in USA ordered from our online store, we used Fedex shipped the package to his billing address and someone signed at his place. The person who signed the package is not the card owner. Fedex confirmed the package deliveries to the address anyway. Now the person filed dispute, we will need to bring the case to VISA and there is a $500 fee for us on reviewing the case. I want to know does anyone has this experience. I want to see if it is worth for us on spending that $500? Also, compare the order amount that $500 is not a lot. I want to see if there is a good chance for winning this case.

I think if that customer is winning then I think nobody have to work. Just order online for everything the ask someone to sign it.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum smashrc, thanks for joining and posting your business questions!

That seems completely unreasonable, I'd suggest speaking to Visa - explain the situation to them and ask them how can they justify charging you that in the circumstances?

Would you mind telling us the approximate value of the product you delivered to the address?

What country is your own business based in?

3. smashrc

smashrc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal:Thanks so much for helping. we have have been in online business for close to 8 years that's why we have some experience on what the charge-back is. That's why when we see big order, we use Fedex and make sure shipping to billing address. Also VBV as well.

This case we done all the things right.
    1. Shipping to billing address
    2. Using Fedex with signature
    3. VSIA VBV passed

The order amount is $2500. We are online company locate in Hong Kong. I think shipping from is not really matter in this case. It is the customer now saying he never receive the package. Really hard to believe.

I can try call Visa, I hope they will talk to me. You know... big company don't care us...

Maybe my first post is not clear enough. I mean the $500 fee is for VISA for reviewing this case. If the customer wins, I will lost $500 more. If I win, I think I can get back that $500 (not sure) plus the order amount.

4. smashrc

smashrc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is really not a fair deal because I know if the customer lost the VISA case. He doesn't has to pay that $500. The only way he can lost is someone in his place really stolen the package.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good luck with getting it sorted out smashrc! When you speak to Visa ask them to clarify how the $500 review fee works. You may be able to find a way to have them look into it, without charging you that fee.