Creating Online Store | Finding Inventory | Making Money

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by jknudsen11, Dec 1, 2011.

1. jknudsen11

uix_expand uix_collapse

Dec 1, 2011
    I work for a website design company. I work in sales. As a reward for selling in my company, they gave me a free online store design, up to $5000. Needless to say I am pretty excited about this prize that I won, but I want to be very careful about what I make the site for. I live in a small apartment and can't have boxes of junk sitting around waiting to be sold. I need to find a good niche of products that I can dropship and make quite a bit of money on. I'm not talking about quitting my job and moving to an island money, just $1000-$3000/month eventually.

If you have any suggestions on what kind of products would be good for me to look in to, it'd be much appreciated. What has had success for you? What makes a niche of products better than another to sell online!
  2. DaveB

uix_expand uix_collapse

Dec 29, 2010

I first do not want to bust your bubble but you can build pretty amazing online stores for under $250 without issue (little time, little effort, little knowledge, little resources etc.). Just check out something like (and this one is free):

That being said its cool you won such an awesome prize and maybe your company is offering tons of extras I have no idea about. That being said if you want product ideas check out sites like Alibaba, liquidation, Doba etc. for product sourcing and ideas. Also you may want to do tons of research on places like Ebay, Amazon, Craigslist to see what is selling and for how much. Best of luck you sound excited. I would not hold my breath on making $3000 of profit a month anytime soon. Online business is a very tough game these days especially when you are just starting out. Also consider just going the affiliate route. Clickbank, Commission Junction, Tradebit etc. etc. etc. You need huge edges when selling online and most people are not willing to share. Google trends and Twitter trends are other great places to see whats hot right now.