Creating Content and Building Backlinks... Loaded question!

Discussion in 'Content Marketing' started by cjarrodsnow, Aug 16, 2012.

1. cjarrodsnow

cjarrodsnow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi All,

Okay, I've been working on building up personal websites for about a year now, so I am still fairly new to this... Actually, I spent the first 6 months just trying to figure out how to do coding and create a website, so really I've only been focused on developing site content for 6 months.

I have a loaded question... actually 2... or 3.

I have a site with about 100 pages of what I feel are quality content pages...it's PR2 and has about 40 backlinks.

Is there a point where my focus should be redirected to building backlinks over creating content, or should backlinks be built simultaneously with the content?

In addition to this, what do others do in regards to building backlinks? Do you have a set number you aim for per a day/week? And, when you build them, do you stick with the same handful of sites that you feel work for you, or do you establish a link with a site and then move on to another?

And I guess I should add, do you focus on a particular page to create backlinks, or do you focus on deep linking to pages within your site?

I'm all ears and would greatly appreciate some insight!

2. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is how I do it. Once you get to a certain point, do both. You can slow down, but don't drop writing content.

I try to get at least a few links for each of the main pages.

As far as what techniques? I vary the technique and never, ever overuse/abuse anything. You run the risk of penalty.

I try to follow a set schedule, but pretty much, I succeed at working in cycles. Not always on teh same day of the week, etc., but I circle around through everything.

Hope that helps!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually you can slow down backlink building but NOT content creating.
    There is not standar in backlink building but remember, you have to make it look natural. Don't buy 100 backlinks one day and then get 0 for the next 5 days, then 1000 backlinks and after that 1 per day. You will make googlebot suspicious over you..
    Bulding backlinks on inner pages can help you get more targetted audience and is a plus in affiliate marketing, but that doesn't mean you should forget about the index :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ocean Archer

Ocean Archer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if you can't keep up everything by yourself you can outsource too depending on your return on investment for this project.

5. ssstylish

ssstylish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keep creating unique and high quality content.
    Commenting on relevant blogs with high pr and to be active in SEO forums.
    Google like diversity with your link campaigns, an automatic SEO software can help with several kinds of submitting project. All you need is to schedule submission process naturally.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Backlinks should be built simultaneously with the content. It's not an "either-or" situation. As others have pointed out already, continuing to develop quality content at a steady pace is the most important. Don't stop creating content, just start adding in some more link-building efforts to your daily routine.

7. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is a perfect way to build backlink and content simultaneously, which is create a blog site and constantly produce new content, then submit RSS feed to directories. So every single posting minimum amount of backlink. Next promote the articles to social network, e.g. digg, reddit, fb, twitter, pinterest.

Manual link building is a tiring process, to further increase number of backlink infographic is the shortcut. http://infogr.am/ - is a free tool to simplify our life to attract natural link.

• Like Like x 1
  8. cjarrodsnow

cjarrodsnow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all,

I wasn't getting notices saying there were responses to this question, so I thought it was a question that people didn't want to entertain! Thank you for your input!! :) There are so many things that aren't clear when starting out, as it either takes a great mentor to guide us or a lot of trial and error with a HUGE learning curve due to all the fine "details" of getting things going in the "right" direction. I appreciate this feedback and input! I'm heading over to infogr.am to see what the site is all about... and then it's back to the grind with creating MORE content!! :)

9. cjarrodsnow

cjarrodsnow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Thanoz,

I tried to PM you, but it's not accepting... I'd like to find out more about your Pligg site... I installed it in a few of my sites, but just got spammed! Also, wondering if you'd like to network.

And I apologize for taking this approach, but not sure how else to contact you!

thanks,

Jarrod

10. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The only way to stop pligg spam is implement connect to facebook or connect to twitter, as both FB and twitter have powerful management to detect fake profile.

• Like Like x 1
  11. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Deep linking with other sites is best but other sites must be related to your business or site category.