Creating an Organization: Legal Question

Discussion in 'Legal and HR' started by bharris428, Jul 18, 2013.

1. bharris428

bharris428
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I create an club/organization at my school, does the club legally belong to me or the school?
    I want to eventually expand the club to other schools, and possibly grow it into an actual company.

2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What kind of club would this be? And what does it have to do with the school? If the club is run by you and not the school and it does not depend on the school then it should belong to you. There might be some exceptions though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FaaastCash

FaaastCash
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For Creating an Organization i recommend you to follow these legal terms:- In corporations, Domestic Partnership Agreements, Notary Public and Wage Assignments.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What state or country will the organisation be in bharris428? Also, welcome to Business Advice Forum.

5. kenzo

kenzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If it is a sports club, maybe just pay for renting gym/pitch so it will be sure that school has nothing to do with your organisation (just making their property available for you/your club)

6. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

See if you are creating any club in your school,you may become its prime authoritative member but the club doesn't own to you.You have to take the last permisiion from the school.

7. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The club will be founded by YOU, but it will be under the approval of the school. Most of the time, school clubs are only allowed for their enrolled students to join. The school will act as the regulatory body monitoring club activities either inside or outside school campuses.

But if you started a club outside the school campus, without the need for their approval, then it will be your sole responsibility to regulate rules within the club and its activities.

Regards,
    Mark T

• Like Like x 1