Created a new site!

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by fletcher6490, Aug 16, 2012.

1. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2. NABO

NABO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello I am a multimedia designer here at NABO and thought I would give you some advice!

Pointers:
    - Your logo is too big for your site. You want your sales message to stand out instead.
    - The purple on green clashes and makes it hard to read for people that are colour blind or hard-sighted people
    - If it is a monthly payment there must be some kind of contract? Your copy is hard to read
    - The front image is low-res and blurry. Maybe increase the clairty

- Layout is good, just needs to be more prominent

Hope this helps!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey,
    Just some quick ones.
    1.Design
    1.1 I think you could add a stroke to you SOLAVEI letters logo. Te purple colour is a little tiring when the background gets darker green.
    1.2 You use web2.0 graphics as i see, but this [​IMG] looks "foreign" next to graphis like this(tat you use)[​IMG]
    1.3 I don't like the visible bullets that are vertical (down-left) on your slider. I think you should order them horizontally so that they don't create the extra whitespace under the slider.
    1.4 I would like a border in the "insert e-mail" field on the footer to subscribe. It would be more "eye-catching".
    2. Other issues.
    2.1 At http://solaveicellservices.com/solavei-compensation-plan/ you use ONLY image. Not SEO-friendly and i am sure you could slice the image and write some words on the HTML..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jay

Jay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanoz basically summed up what I was going to say. Also, the logo looks great but it just looks blown up which sacrifices the overall quality of it. Maybe a little re-sizing will do you some good. :)

5. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@Jay
    Sorry for posting first :p But it's good to know that you think the same way as i do :p

+1 for the logo resize, the more i see it, the bigger it seems to me.

6. NABO

NABO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree the logo stands out too much!

7. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey guys, I really appreciate the feedback. I changed the homepage a lot in the past hour. I understand that my homepage may not be SEO friendly the way I have it but I feel like this layout is much easier for someone that is looking to join to understand how it works. I also changed the logo size, it was actually bothering me as well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. wenseoz

wenseoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The site has been very good, good need to modify, refueling!

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Can you please explain that a little more, sorry but I'm not sure what you are referring to?

10. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ya, I'm kinda confused by that as well? BTW, the site is actually http://bestcellcompany.com now but I have solaveicellservices redirected. Any thing you guys like about the site or dislike now? I've changed quite a few things around.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The site looks great, very smart and professional in appearance. There is a small spelling error in the top link "Vist" should be "Visit". In fact that sentence might read better as "SPECIAL CONTEST!!! Win an Ipod - CLICK HERE to Join Now for more information!!!"

The slogan of your site is "Unlimited Talk, Text And Data Only $49/Month Contact Me". That may give the impression that your business is very small and that anyone contacting the business is talking to the owner directly. Even if that is true "Contact Us" might work better.

Overall the site looks great, good luck with it.

12. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey your website is redirected to http://bestcellcompany.com/ so you have 301 redirection. Why you have done like this from home page to home page? Otherwise title and description wise it is good.

Thanks

13. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal, I appreciate your kind words. I've also updated your suggestions and I agree that it does sound better. As far as why I redirected solaveicellservices.com to bestcellcompany.com is because having "solavei" in my domain name was a breach of the TOS for Solavei so rather than trying to get away with it I just bought a new domain.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I use Gmail myself and it is a great service, however some visitors to your site may feel it is more professional if you were to use an @bestcellcompany.com email address. Also you might consider changing the site logo to reflect your new domain name.

Once again the site looks great and I wish you every success with it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. KBoo

KBoo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think this website looks really clear and well laid out, although the picture near the top under the menu took quite a while to load.

good luck with it

16. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like this site a lot. The design is nice. The only thing I would suggest is to make your logo more web 2.0.

17. ZINC

ZINC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The site looks great. With a bit of work it will look a lot better, take everyone's suggestions into consideration and you could make a very good looking site!

18. sambling

sambling
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's a nice enough looking website but not perfect. I dislike the choice of design in relation to the colours used- don't know if that makes sense... :p There is also too much information on the front page.... :)

19. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Alright boys and girls, I've completely updated the site with a new theme. Let me know how you guys like it