Create Facebook Fans Page

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by patrick0001, Sep 20, 2011.

1. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In earlier of the year 2011, I still manage to create fans page by FBML. After 3 months time FBML is replace by iframe, in order to create iframe user must create an application account.

The process to create facebook fans page is getting difficult, the new require is SSID. I think after this announcement, million of user will look for SSID hosting company.

Facebook message:

Warning
    Secure Canvas URL will be required on October 1, 2011.
    Secure Page Tab URL will be required on October 1, 2011.

I am so doubt, why facebook keen to implement this? This will burden normal user like me, because I just want to get a fanspage up, without involve any credit transaction.

2. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think their basic concern is to stop spamming as professionals are less on spamming business. Many pages have been built up with little or no activity going on in them and this is consuming their bytes on storage.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Patrick, I'm not familiar with these changes. Do they mean that Fan Page owners will now have to pay to have a Fan Page? Do you have a link to a web page with further info on the changes?

4. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe what he meant was the fan page for Business entities, if my memory serves me right. You can create a fan page for personal and you can also provide a page for the business.

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What do you mean patrick? I can create numerous fan pages if I want. Or do you mean the application wherein you can create static pages.
    If you meant the latter, you can still create one. Check this out: http://www.facebook.com/JEFusion?sk=app_106878476015645

Did I answer your query?

6. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal, create a fans page is free, however if someone plan to make a facebook landing page, they are require to use facebook apps, as facebook FBML is migrate to iframe apps.

Hi GekiDan, the facebook landing page at your fanspage is 3rd party apps, it is bundle IWIPA advertisement. For better explanation, you can visit my new created fanspage with landing page. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chef-Lim-Organic-Kitchen/260391050667086?sk=app_100464933396358

Currently, I created an apps and iframe source from http://www.alt.com.my/fb/. Which the new fanspage requirement is SSID, which mean I need subscribe to secure connection and submit to facebook a https URL.

For those user who no intend to create a landing page, this will not impact them.

7. MrPolarZero

MrPolarZero
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have no idea with these changes. I haven't tried creating fan pages in Facebook. I might do in the future so more information is very helpful.

8. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook is keep trouble me, I just hope that Google + can perform better, so that I can migrate my community to there.

9. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can't seem to understand what trouble it brought you. Can you please explain...

10. digitalendurance

digitalendurance
    uix_expand uix_collapse

digitalendurance

hello user, to create a facebook fan page is so easy, user can interact to you via page info.

11. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Secure Canvas URL require user to subscribe SSID, for those user who dont have SSID, they will have problem to create Facebook landing page. It increase our cost to implement facebook landing page.

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can't you use other alternatives?

13. eDealya

eDealya
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the main issue is around facebook apps. Less of an issue forthe landing page itself (your wall)

14. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The alternatives is using 3rd Party apps, but 3rd party apps always bundle with their advertisement and have lot of limitation on customize page. I can predict that, those SSID provider will get rich soon.

Yes, it don't have issue with fans page wall. The purpose to create landing page is to get branding.

15. Alan

Alan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SSL certificate

Facebook is merely protecting itself by introducing Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) security by October 1st.
    Like all online transactions, banking, credit card transactions, even email are all using SSL technologies
    which has been around for some time already.
    FB wants to ensure all the apps, images, other contents are secure, meaning no malicious content, are
    added to their site. Just imagine if it's compromised, it would mean Facebook is hacked and it would have
    to close down for maintenance. Then all users would be very upset, wouldn't you?
    So to ensure continued service and in a safe environment, Facebook had to introduce this SSL.
    To do this, fanpages, apps, websites would have to be hosted by a secure hosting company.
    Just google to see how you can do this by yourself.