Create An Editorial Calender

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Redd, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This one is for bloggers. Once you have established a posting schedule, readers/blog visitors won't like it they get on your site and discover that you haven't posted new content at the time you normally do. Consistency is key if you desire to retain readers.

This is where an editorial calender comes in handy.

At the beginning of the year you plan all your blogs posts for the year, when they'll be written, when they'll be published and how frequently you'll share the content you've posted on social media.

It takes but a little time . . . but you get the assurance that your blog will updated regularly. Never do you have to worry about running out of "blogging ideas."

• Like Like x 1
  2. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Seems like a lot of hardwork to me. I do get the importance of the calendar it makes you approach blogging with a different level of passion and commitment. Just like another magazine they follow their schedules with certain number of write ups in a given time.

3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sadly, due to my pretty busy working schedule, I have already sort of neglected my blog. Probably one of these days, when I get the chance, I would be back to the blogging world. In the mean time, I would just fish/look for new and interesting ideas for my future content. :)

4. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's well worth taking a little time to prepare a schedule. This way, you can get some content written in advance during quiet periods, giving you time to work on other things when other work picks back up. This is where the 5 P's come into play - proper preparation prevents poor performance.

5. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That blog calendar is a good tool to assure the regularity of updates to your blog. My planned blog did not take off on schedule due to lack of articles. And what is the point of launching the blog when the updates would not be regular. So I tried to find time to write articles in advance so my blog would be updating every week. But for lack of time due to my offline work, that did not materialize. Again, that calendar is a good tool for bloggers.

6. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since they came first online, I have always considered a blog like a extension (or professional version) of a daily diary, and therefore finding disgusting that someone blogging updates once in a blue moon, while others do it multiple times a day, which is not bad at all, as long as is an update per category and not all in the general category.

As a reader I expect regular (daily) updates but as a blogger, I found harder to write down today's article, much harder will be plan for a whole year. I'm not actually blogging for this writers block I am in. However, taking back the idea, scheduling posts for as longer as a whole year sounds like a great idea as long as they are not time-sensitive.

You don't want to get your article discussing on the upcoming US presidential elections get published when the new president has taken office already, in example.

I think that scheduling on a monthly or weekly basis makes less harder the job and yet keep posts fresh.