CPM or CPC?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by daytrader, Dec 13, 2012.

1. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I suppose this has been asked before, I'm hoping views have changed overtime. I'm about to advertise a forum geologically with very little budget. Think of having just the $100 worth of adword voucher, should I go for CPM or CPC? :D

2. Host.co.in

Host.co.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would suggest to go for CPC, because clicks are more important than impressions.

3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Haven't tried adwords for a forum that would just want to gain registrations and maybe posts from them. Would it be a banner or link?

4. Portal88

Portal88
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your keyword is not targeted, $100 will be disappeared within 1 day. So, it is more important to choose your keyword first, and then your strategy to promote your business. Good lcuk. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm sure we can set a budget for each day in our account. Yes. Strategy is something I don't have this is why I kept reading about their interface and act to have Quality Score which they say I can pay less while above the ad of my competitor, did anyone tried this?

6. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's all depend upon you. If want conversion than go for CPC, if just want branding of your site than I think CPM would be a good option

• Like Like x 1
  7. jaysh4922

jaysh4922
    uix_expand uix_collapse

With CPM you take all the risk for how good your ad is. If your ad sucks and no one clicks it on CPC you don't care because you only pay for clicks.

If your ad has an awesome CTR then CPM is good because it will often be cheaper. If your CTR sucks then you'll get rapped.

Lets say its $1 CPM. If you have a CTR of 3% your effective CPC is $0.33. If you have a CTR of 0.5% you have an effective CPC of $2

8. guptaabhijit318

guptaabhijit318
    uix_expand uix_collapse

CPM is cost per 1000 impression and CPC is cost per click. So, I think cost per click that cpc is more effective.

9. rosewinslet410

rosewinslet410
    uix_expand uix_collapse

CPC or CPM are great phenomenon to be considered while doing online business marketing. You can add this as the most general talks now a days. And I have seen the practical results too which are heavily generating business for the particular websites.

10. suba

suba
    uix_expand uix_collapse

On the other hand, CPC is more stable, allow you to set your max price you are willing to pay and it usually lasts longer than CPM ad. It is influenced by the same rules as CPM, that is: CTR is the king.

11. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Did you get a chance to play around? DId CPC work for you? What was the daily budget you set for $100 exhaustion?

12. chrisjohn93

chrisjohn93
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

If You wants to make branding of your website not for clicks then go for CPM and if you want traffic and clicks on your website then you must go with PPC. But PPC is costly then CPM.

13. sonali22chauhan

sonali22chauhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Cost Per Click (CPC) - is an Internet advertising model used on websites, in which advertisers pay only when their ad is clicked, not each time and ad is shown.

Cost Per Impression (CPM) - is an Internet advertising model used on websites, in which advertisers pay for the number of times and ad is show regardless of whether it is clied on or not

14. FreeHost

FreeHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

CPM if you think more audience will click than CPC.

15. johnhastings

johnhastings
    uix_expand uix_collapse

CPM and CPC are two sides of the same general advertising. CPC is cost per click. Your ad's shown to people who don't click for free. CPM is cost per thousand impressions. Showing your ads to someone costs you money whether they click or not clicked.

16. Mike Wilford

Mike Wilford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is true - first define what your goal is. If you want website visitors then go for clicks (CPC) If you want to raise awareness of your blog then Impressions work well.

Also it may be worth testing both methods. So paying for a CPM but monitoring the clicks which come through - then calculating if it would be cheaper to pay a CPC model and set your own bids.

17. kaufenpreis

kaufenpreis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In determining which pricing model is best, CPC proponents will say that you can’t always trust impression counts in CPM. But shouldn’t they be just as concerned about click fraud in CPC?

Then comes the question of which leads are more qualified. Cost-per-click might get more eyeballs, but cost-per-thousand might guarantee those eyeballs are pre-qualified.

18. Elegant_Designs

Elegant_Designs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For all tight budgets, it is best to really study which keywords are good for conversion for your forum niche and stick with 1 geographical location that best suits your strategy (e.g. you maybe living in a certain state so you may want to hold some outdoor event for your forum members in the same state) before you start advertising but of course, these are only estimation.