Courses or Degrees in computer to start a business

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Sumit jangid, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Sumit jangid

Sumit jangid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello , my name is sumit jangid and i am studying in high school right now. Actually ,i want to start a business in computer related technology such as applications, websites ,android , etc. But I dont know which course or degree is going to help me to build a startup in computer business.

Do I really need degree for this business or I can take six months to One year courses to understand the basics of computer related startup ?

Can you suggest such courses or degrees for this type of business and kindly explain in detail about this courses?

2. Dewlance

Dewlance
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As per your name I am 100% sure that you are from India.

In India most of peoples think that you need a degree to start any work in any area. I was start my hosting business without taking any degree and still peoples ask me which course/degree I do for web hosting. lol.

Google is best for you, various tutorials are available for any field and even you can find thousands of video tutorials. If you want to take some degree then start from php, mysql.

Android app development is not so easy, You need to learn java, etc.

3. Sumit jangid

Sumit jangid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you Sir for your reply to my question
    You said degree is not necessary for to startup a business and I agree with it
    I am with biology field but I have no such interest that compare to computer application, so to start business in this how I will start and learn to manage business

4. Dewlance

Dewlance
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can start from learning html, css, php, mysql and then learn java. Once you learn java then it will be easy for you to learn Android and build application based on android.

If you are interested in hardware repair business then you need to join hardware repair course but it is very different then programming.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I'm going to disagree with Dewlance on this. Since your background is in biology, and you have zero experience with computer applications, You should definitely start with at least a six month course of study. But the question remains, which one? You mentioned "applications, websites, android, etc.". There's a wide variety of businesses within just those three subjects. Applications includes several jobs related to computer programming (or maybe they now call it application design). "Websites" can mean either website design or marketing. "Android" can cover programming of phones or designing apps for phones. You need to narrow down what you want to do, then a local community college should have courses you can take that do not award a degree, but award a certificate when the course of study is successfully completed.
    Of course, you may have to graduate from high school first.

6. VerdinaNET

VerdinaNET
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Probably most of the lessons that will help you become successful as an enterpreneur will not be learned in college. They would be learned by starting business that either work or don't work, and constantly learning from your experiences. Also you can learn a lot from business mentors, who are able to help you avoid some of the pitfalls they made.

7. harunsing

harunsing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes degree is not mandatory for starting a business, but you have at least knowledge of tools and html, css, php, mysql and then learn java. Once you learn java then it will be easy for you to learn Android and build application based on android.

8. Raj Jain

Raj Jain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In India most of peoples think that you need a degree to start any work in any area. I was start my hosting business without taking any degree and still peoples ask me which course/degree I do for web hosting. lol.

Google is best for you, various tutorials are available for any field and even you can find thousands of video tutorials. If you want to take some degree then start from php, mysql.

#8 Raj Jain, May 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2016