Could the title tags be same as meta tags?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by FIBC, Mar 5, 2016.

1. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi my web content management system (WCMS) has a function limitation,that is the title tags can only be changed by invoking, can not by writing.For example,it can invoike the meta keywords as the title tags of one webpage.

My question is:If the title tags are same as meta keywords on one webpage,how will google treat it? Is this title tags keywords pile?
    I personally think meta keywords are not important today.

2. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry lost something here, in order to make the title tags of most webpages to avoid stuffing,and become unique,readable,can I rewrite the meta keywords of most webpages more unique,readable,and not stuffing? Of course the premise is: "meta keywords" can be "title tags".

3. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Still confused.

The page title should be unique to the page and not repeated anywhere else. It should ideally be under 60 characters long. It is one of the strongest ranking signals on the page.
    The meta description is what appears in the snippet and should act as marketing material (it can pull clicks away form higher ranking sites) but is not a ranking signal
    The H1 on the page should be the headline introducing the page. It should be different to the page title.
    The first paragraph should introduce the content of the page and relate to both the page title and the H1.

Meta keywords are irrelevant to everything and can be ignored.

4. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fisicx,many thanks for your comment,you said: "The H1 on the page should be the headline introducing the page. It should be different to the page title." I could not understand this, as some of my webpages of my site have this problem.

Secondly, yes,meta keywords are not important now, as a result, can I use my web content management system to invoike the meta keywords?

For example, there's a webpage named A, I'll make its meta keywords as" Big bags desctriptions and basic designs, buy FIBC bags online", a descriptive sentence, then make it as the title tags of A, is this stategy good or bad?

5. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Here is an example:
    Page title: Organic Blue Widgets from $10 with free delivery
    Description: 20cm and 50cm blue widgets made from organic hemp. Available individually or in packs of 10. Next day delivery option. Call us on 0123456789 for more information
    H1: Organic Blue Widgets
    Opening Paragraph: 20cm and 50cm blue widgets made from organic hemp. Each widget is hand crafted using boiled hemp and flax. The colouring is made from rose petals and.....
    H2: Features:
    H2: Delivery Options:

This is how you optimise the content. If you can't edit each of the above components change your CMS or ask the developer if there is an extension that does allow you to edit every component.

6. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks a lot for your kind reply. However, you've said the meta keywords are "irrelevant to everything and can be ignored.", if so, why can't
    make it same as the title tags? Because my CMS has the function limitation: Can only create a title tag by create the HI, see this link:http://www.bulksacks.com/product/Jumbo-Bags/108.html
    or by create H1 and navigation, see this link:http://www.bulksacks.com/news/news-industry/default.html

Please see these two links which from my website, maybe you can see more clearly by this way. Thanks again!

7. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi again Fisicx, one more question: Why H1 must be different from the title tags?

8. mishraraj2603

mishraraj2603
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can’t keep keywords as meta title tag. Create unique title using keywords so that Google will get the exact primary keywords and this will help to improve keywords ranking.

• Like Like x 1
  9. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

meta keywords =/= title. You can't use one for the other. The search engines are looking for specific HTML tags and expect to see certain constructs in each. Forget all about the meta keywords, they are ignored by the search engines. All you are doing by adding them to the page is wasting time.

The H1 and title should not be the same because that's what you need to do for on site optimisation. You can make them the same but by doing so the page will not be as search engine friendly as it could be.

As an aside, your page has H1 twice: it's in the logo and in the product name. Google will be confused and may well ignore the product title.

10. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks again, but my pages don't have H1 twice, the second one under H1 is H2, you could check the source code of the web, my another new question is: Can the title be same as H2?

11. newbee

newbee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A page title and Meta description are like an advert. Together they attract the attention. Remember that a search engine shall display only around 160 characters for Meta description and 70 characters for a page title. It is the Meta tag keywords that the search engine crawlers may look or not. SO use <H1> tag for the page title.

Moreover a meta data is all about your homepage, where any client/web crawler can be able to use it.

12. w3web

w3web
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If meta keywords are kept same as title then it will increase the page rank. I have worked worked by keeping title and meta keywords as the same, but use only once. As keywords density is limited to 3 to 5% to rank high. It is better to include only once, do not use multiple times. It is one of the strategy to enhance your google page rank.

13. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

PageRank is part of the Google algorithm and was named after it's inventor Larry Page. It is a logarithmic score calculated from the number of inbound links to a page. It has nothing to do with keywords or their density.

14. harrythomas

harrythomas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually the meta description is something which is there in SERP's to help the user to find the right content which he is looking for. As the meta tag is the gist of your web page therefore it should be perfect because it helps one to get more clicks in SERPs

15. alexdisuza

alexdisuza
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The title tag is used to display page name.

<title> This will be displayed in the title bar of your Browser. </title>

meta tag is for crawling.

<meta name="title" content="Whatever you type in here will be displayed on search engines.">