Could my College Degrees limit a career in Human Resources

Discussion in 'Legal and HR' started by PleseRespond, Jan 9, 2014.

1. PleseRespond

PleseRespond
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm considering a career in human resources. If I do then I will go for an 'MBA in HR Management'.

BUT will my current/recent degrees limit me?

A.S. in Accounting (from a Community College)
    B.A. in International Trade (from a fairly-good state university)

Is there any link between those fields and Human Resources? Again, I know they are not the most related degrees to HR. Will they limit me in any way if I wanted to pursue this career path?

Thanks!

2. bizwizgenie12

bizwizgenie12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Admittedly, the certifications collected by you after an MBA (HR) make for an assorted collection. But look at it from the point of view of a recruiter at whose firm you would be applying for a job, post the MBA. They will see a person who has expertise in a broad spectrum as opposed to expertise in one single domain. As an HR MBA, when _you_ are interviewing potential employees for your employer, your domain knowledge will come in handy in many ways!

All the best to you...

3. aronmatt3

aronmatt3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you will get good knowledge about your masters, then definitely it won't be a difficult task to get a job with MBA degree irrespective of any degree.

4. amal

amal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It won't limit your career at all. In fact this diversity in your degrees is more desirable in firms because the more you know about different fields, the more you would be able to understand about the people and activities of the firm.