Costs For Starting A Gas Station?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by bloop, Aug 14, 2009.

1. bloop

bloop
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if anybody read my burger king thread i'm just tryin to get some info on potential business' i can open.Anyway there is a busy area around my way that is missing a burger king but i also noticed it does not have a gas station and people always complain they have to drive another 5-10 minutes to get gas

anyway i was searching around trying to find start up costs for a gas station but couldn't really find anything on it.Any info whether it be citgo,exxon,liberty...just any gas station would help if you know anything about a ballpark figure on what it would cost.I have read all of the things u need to do to actually get it up and running but could not find and numbers to the cost

thanks to anybody who helps:)

2. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm sorry if I'm not much help bloop since I don't know a thing about the gas station business. Anyway, why not go talk with gas station owners around your area. Start talking about their business and how their business is doing. After that, the conversation might go the direction of how much it takes to set up that kind of business.

3. bloop

bloop
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i don't have much time right now and would like to get a little info online before i actually dedicate any serious time to it just incase i get a ball park figure that is not worth it

thanks for input though

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Bloop, the quickest way to get the information you need, would be to contact the oil / petrol / gas companies who supply or franchise the gas stations. They will be very familiar with the set-up costs and should be keen to help you, because if you do set up, they will gain another customer. A few phone calls to these companies should give you a lot of the information you need.

5. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Bloop,

Setting up a gas station shouldn't be much of the problem if you are not going very high at the beginning. If you talk about my country, it will just cost around 4-5 lakhs that means four or five hundread thousands dollars.

Digging up your underground to store your diesel, petrol and other gases. And then a metre-box petrol/gas suppulier that indicates how much litre of petrol supplied. And the whole petrol house can be built in a minimum 5 hundred thousand dollars. If you're making it higher and storing alot of gases and gas supplier, it may reach more than it.

6. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would agree with Fergal in stating that your best bet to find out what the franchising costs of opening a gas station would be to contact the franchise gas stations themselves and tell them what you're interested in doing. Asking questions is never a bad thing. There is no such thing as a stupid question. Always remember those things!

I don't know a whole lot about gas station businesses in particular, but I do feel obliged to tell you that most of these gas service businesses barely make any profit if NONE of the gas itself. The gas is more of an incentive for people to come into your store and buy the goods. I just thought you should know that, in case you didn't already.

Best of luck!

7. hrcanada1

hrcanada1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are really interested in this business then you need first you might want to write a business plan listing all important information. I'll help you start with your business plan if you don't already have one. The first step is to write your executive summary, and in the executive summary your just listing everything that is:

Objectives - what would you offer

Mission - what words do you stand by to help your customers

Keys to Success - what are you going to give to make your customers come again