Corporate Blogging Hits the Skids

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Mark T, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm not surprised. When you are one of a few companies doing blogging, it helps you stand out. When everyone, or nearly everyone, is doing the same thing, it is harder and harder to come up with material that is new and interesting. If all you are doing is essentially republishing the same information that is available everywhere else, what value are you adding to your customers? If you are not adding value, why should your customers read your blog? If your customers are not reading your blog, then why are you bothering to do it?

There are certain businesses where blogs can be very useful, but in most cases it is just a marketing tool that was intended to engage customers. I remember not too long ago before the onset of company blogs that many businesses launched online forums for their customers to interact with their customers. A few still exist but most of the customer forums were never active and were quietly removed from company websites.

I expect the same thing is happening, and will continue to happen, with company blogs.

#2 Business Attorney, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  3. FredParks

FredParks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

FAD.

Always looked like one anyway.

4. TomWbl

TomWbl
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If blogging is over, what should a business be doing instead? Do you think that blogging is worth it just for the potential SEO benifets?