Copy-writing / Wording of our Large Contest Thread

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Fergal, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I feel that the wording of the thread promoting our newest $2,500 contest could be greatly improved. I've copied the topic below.

How would you word it to make it easier to understand and to make it more tempting for people to participate?

2. rjd1265

rjd1265
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I understand it???

The last 250 auctions resulted in 250 winners. Out of those 250 you will randomly pick one big winnner. Oops, maybe I made it worse?? :)

3. Fowler

Fowler
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not that good at this type of thing but I have made a few changes to make it sound (in my opinion) a bit more exciting and a bit clearer.

Here at BAF, you can earn BAF Cash in a variety of ways such as participating in discussions, refering new members to our community and receiving reputation/thanks from other members. You can check your current BAF Cash total either by checking your total under you post count when viewing a topic or by clicking "Currency" located in the navigation bar at the top of the forum. BAF Cash can also be earned and spent in the BAF Cash Exchange forum.

• You can use your BAF Cash in our Bid for Dollars Auctions for your chance to grab some real cash.
    • We will close an auction everytime we reach one of our growth targets and the member who has the highest bid when the auction is closed will win.
    • Once we have completed 250 auctions, we will use a random number generator to randomly pick one of the auctions. The winning member of the randomly chosen auction will win a cash prize of $2,500!
    • Once we announce a contest or auction winner, you have 24 hours to send me a PM to claim your prize. Unfortunately we will not be able to refund BAF Cash to members who don't claim their prize within 24 hours. It just goes to show that it can pay to be active!

If you have any questions in relation to these auctions & contests, feel free to ask in our Announcements, Member Help & Suggestions forum section.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Win $2,500 by Bidding for Money!

This is a one of a kind competition. If you win a Bid For Dollars auction, you are also being entered in to a competition for a grand prize of $2,500! How could getting money for more money get any better?

How to earn BAF Cash

You receive BAF Cash in return for making posts, referring new members and receiving reputation / thanks. You can also earn BAF Cash by offering services or by completing jobs in the BAF Cash Exchange section. You can view your BAF Cash amount by looking under your post count in your profile area, just left of your posts.

You can use your BAF Cash in our Bid for Dollars Auctions
    We will close an auction everytime we reach one of our growth targets and the member who has the highest bid will win
    Once we have closed 250 auctions, we will use a random number generator to pick one auction. The member who gets chosen, will win a huge prize of $2,500!
    Once we announce a contest or auction winner, you have 24 hours to send me a PM to claim your prize. Please be aware of when the auctions end so that you can claim your prize. We will not refund BAF Cash to members who don't claim their prize within 24 hours
    Please ask any questions you have in relation to these auctions & contests in our Announcements, Member Help & Suggestions forum section.

Thanks for your interest and good luck!

• Like Like x 1
    #4 Shahrier, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to Business Advice Forum's newest $2,500 contest to reward members who have greatly helped the forum.

HOW TO EARN BAF CASH:
    You will receive BAF Cash in return for making helpful posts and replies, referring new members and receiving reputation / thanks. You can see the BAF Cash you have earned, underneath your post count in your profile area, on the left hand side of your posts. BAF Cash can also be earned and spent in the BAF Cash Exchange forum.

BAF AUCTION / CONTEST RULES:..

• You can use your BAF Cash in our Bid for Dollars Auctions
    • We will close an auction everytime we reach one of our growth targets and the member who has the highest bid will win
    • Once we have closed 250 auctions, we will use a random number generator to pick one auction. The member who won that auction will win a cash prize of $2,500
    • Once we announce a contest or auction winner, the winner only have 24 hours to send me a PM to claim the prize. We will not refund BAF Cash to members who don't claim their prize within 24 hours.

If you have any questions in relation to these auctions & contests, feel free to post in our Announcements, Member Help & Suggestions forum section.

• Like Like x 1
  6. katherine

katherine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's a bit interesting. I will increase my cash first then participate in it. :$$:

7. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Win $2,500 Cash Prize In BAF Bid For Dollars Auctions

HOW TO JOIN/RULES:
    • You can use your BAF Cash in our Bid for Dollars Auctions
    • We will close an auction everytime we reach one of our growth targets and the member who has the highest bid will win
    • Once we have closed 250 auctions, we will use a random number generator to pick one auction. The member who won that auction will win a cash prize of $2,500
    • Once we announce a contest or auction winner, you have 24 hours to send me a PM to claim your prize. We will not refund BAF Cash to members who don't claim their prize within 24 hours.

HOW TO EARN BAF CASH:
    Everytime you make a post, refer new members or receive a reputation/thanks, you receive BAF Cash.

BAF Cash can also be earned and spent in the BAF Cash Exchange forum...

WHERE IS MY BAF CASH:
    Underneath your post count in your profile area, on the left hand side of your posts.
    View attachment 1128

HAVE ANY QUESTIONS:
    Please ask any questions you have in relation to these auctions & contests in our Announcements, Member Help & Suggestions forum section.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks everyone for your very helpful replies. Unfortunately my copy-writing replies have lots of room for improvement and your suggestions will help me to improve the wording of this contest over the next couple of days.