Contributing members for The OffWaLK!!

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by GeeOne, Feb 14, 2011.

1. GeeOne

GeeOne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The OffWaLK is general chat | Discussion forums and offtopic chat community.

What are the ways to bring more contributing members at The OffWaLK.

Thanx in advance.

G!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you considered running any contests?

3. GeeOne

GeeOne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes we had about six contest for good amount of cash prize.

G!

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You should find some of the previous discussions in the general category of our Featured Sales & Marketing + Online Promotion & SEO Threads helpful.

The most important element in promoting any forum actually comes down to how well the forum is run. If you build a community that your members value, they will be loyal to it and recommend your site to others. Plus the more content your members add, the better you will rank in the search engines.

What kind of contests did you run in the past - what did members need to do to enter and what criteria was used to pick the winner?

5. mysandyda

mysandyda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As far as I understood after visiting your forum, it's rather interesting but have you ever thought about making it do-follow? Maybe it will increase the traffic in your forum?

6. GeeOne

GeeOne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mostly it is do follow, are you sure is it no-follow?

Edit: The signature links are do follow (Checked in FF with Quick searchstatus-plugin)

The OffWaLK is having PR2, and Alexa 117K

G!

#6 GeeOne, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  7. Richard Edmonds

Richard Edmonds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

GeeOne,

There are a few ways you can aid your community growth. Firstly, I would recommend visiting the likes of Forum Promotion (if not done so already), which is a property owned by Fergal. There, you can request post/member exchanges, read up on interesting articles by other successful administrators on what are the most effective ways to advertise your forum. Another three related boards for you to check out - The Admin Zone, Rank Up, Admin Extra.

For social media, you are doing fantastic with your Facebook fan page. See if you can change the URL to something like "facebook.com/offwalk" or something similar (I believe you can perform this change when you create a following - you have 900+ followers) to make it easier to share and remember. You have Facebook Connect implemented on vBulletin, good move. You also have an insane amount of followers on Twitter and you seem to be updating it also so you seem to have social networks covered. Are you allowing members to submit threads and posts to social hubs such as Digg, Reddit, Del.icio.us, etc.?

I believe your next step should be to become active on forums and get your links out there in signatures etc. and see if you know anyone who is closing down a forum that shares your niche. If they are shutting up shop, might be worth them linking to your forum so their members still have a place online to engage in general discussion. One last thing - do you have Facebook Like buttons and Tweet buttons on your threads? A good article explaining this and the importance for potentially bringing in more traffic from the social realm.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Great tips there Richard Edmonds, thanks for sharing them.

You can read how to do just that here - How can I get a user-friendly URL for a FaceBook fan page?

9. GeeOne

GeeOne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Richard,

Thank you very much visiting The OffWaLK and giving valuable suggestion.

I have promoted The Offwalk at Forum promotion (It is one of the best promotional site I have ever visited)

Honestly I was looking out for the user friendly username for facebook, and raising this point I got the solution from Fergal.

We are promoting offwalk through signature links also (Digital Point, Netbuilders and Promojunkie)

I have already created thread for data base of any general chat forum at DP and NB.

Thanx again for your valuable suggestion.

Fergal, thanx for link I was looking for it for many times.

G!

The Offwalk has a article, you are welcome to write article at offwalk, the link is www.offwalk.com/articles.php

G!