Contracted delivery men

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Lbvcjhks, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Lbvcjhks

Lbvcjhks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can any one help i run small sheds company i contract the deliverys out to another company to put sheds up they felt the sheds on site. They put shed in one garden set 16 trees on fire in another. The house with the trees are saying it my companys at faults.and wants me to pay am i liable thanks

2. ArcSine

ArcSine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. This is a job for your attorney. The extent to which a principal (you) is responsible for the actions of an agent (your contracted delivery / installation people) is determined by the law which governs the jurisdiction in which you operate---and it varies from place to place.
    2. Does the language in your contract / agreement with your customers address this issue, limit your liability, etc.?
    3. Also examine your contract with your installers. Are they required to indemnify you in such cases? Are they required to provide proof of liability insurance coverage to you before you hire them?
    4. Re-read the first point.

I hope this turns out satisfactorily for you. Keep us posted on developments.