Consultant Advice

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by stingray, Feb 25, 2012.

?

Yes or No

Poll closed Feb 29, 2012.
  1. Yes, and why?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, and why?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. stingray

stingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Consultant Advice, please help......

Hello,
    My company hired a consultant for a one year contract. The year ended and contract has been paid in full. The consultant now is requesting
    3 more months of pay without any discussion or agreement with me for extra work he chose to proceed with.
    Granted, his efforts created more work for my company, I'm not sure there is any obligation. Should I pay for this?
    Need some opinions and advice please....

#1 stingray, Feb 25, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

From what you say stingray, it doesn't sound as if you are under any obligation to pay the consultant. Do you think it is worth paying him for another three months? If not you should probably write to him to advise him that your contract has expired, thank him for his services and advise him that you will not be renewing his contract.

By the way, welcome to our forum.

3. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Question: how much you trust the consultant, how about the relationship?

If the trust and relationship is not there, then you can reject him. If future you need the consultant services or you have close relationship with them, then you can offer him monthly payment basis, and requested work deliver first, so anytime you can secure yourself by paying full amount.