Considering IP for my office (VoIP)

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by Alex-busybee, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Alex-busybee

Alex-busybee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello, I'm just starting to get the overall picture regarding wireless broadband services and thinking about taking my small company from landlines to VoIP. I know that you can use WiFi to extend this service to mobilephones as well. Does anyone have any thoughts on this with regards to the options i.e. SIP trunking vs. hosted PBX, etc., any thoughts would be appreciated as I hear good and bad things about both, but mostly that it's very cheap comparatively. -Alex

2. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SIP Trunking vs. Hosted PBX
    What it really comes down to is the size of your business. Smaller companies with 20 employees or less should opt for a hosted PBX solution, as it offers traditional PBX features that are managed off-site by a Voice over IP provider. Larger enterprises and those with 20 or more employees are more likely to benefit from an SIP trunking service. However, SIP trunking requires you to have your own IP PBX equipment, which can be expensive. It’s important to note that each provider has implemented their own version of what they believe each service should offer, which can lead to certain misconceptions and confusion in the marketplace. Are you looking to employ a hosted PBX or SIP trunking service for your business? Give one of our skilled, professional account managers a call today! We partner with the leading providers of telecommunications services in order to find you the ideal solution to meet your unique needs at the best available price.