Considering A Daily Deal Coupon Promo?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by sterlingsherrell, Aug 31, 2011.

1. sterlingsherrell

sterlingsherrell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey guys. I am contacting several businesses who have done recent daily deal offers thru sites like Groupon, Living Social, etc. I am going to produce a report and starters guide from their experiences on what they recommend based on their performance. I have mostly heard poor reviews about these as money losers in hopes to gain new customers. I am interested to get real life perspectives from various parts of the country and markets. If there are any questions you have ever had about these types of coupon promos, please post and I will try to address. Of course the report will be given away for free. I am about giving back!!!

2. DaveB

DaveB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One question that might be interesting to ask is:

How much does the value of the deal seem to correlate with the conversion rate.

For instance if the same product was offered on Groupon - 1 time at 50% off and 1 time at 80%

How big is the gap in conversion rates?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

sterlingsherrell we recently had a thread posted in our Current Affairs and Business News section that discussed how these types of daily deals sites have not been doing very well recently, you might be interested in reading it at Yelp Scaling Back Daily Deals.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sterlingsherrell

sterlingsherrell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

good questions. Hopefully I can find a couple of businesses who have done multiple offers. I am sending out interview requests today. TY