Confused? Whether my pages are Doorway or not?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Jennifer Martin, May 23, 2016.

1. Jennifer Martin

Jennifer Martin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Friends,

I am having a real estate website and when user runs a search query they come across with the list of some property, these property pages are not linked anywhere in the website and are not accessible unless and until a search query is given.

So I just want to know whether these property pages are door way pages or not. As I don't want to use any Black Hat technique, because of which my website get penalized.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

These are not "doorway" pages. a "Doorway" page is created to rank for certain phrases, and It's sole purpose is to link to another page that the website owner actually wants visitors to go to. For example, if the page with the search query on it was created solely to get ranked, and linked to a specific search result that you wanted visitors to go to, then it would be considered a "doorway" page. Realtors and real estate agents commonly have a search function on their home page, so visitors can quickly search for the house or property they want using the criteria they are looking for. This is normal, and is nothing to worry about.

3. Jennifer Martin

Jennifer Martin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Joseph for your guidance and helping me to solve this issue.

4. Jennifer Martin

Jennifer Martin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Joseph,

I discussed your opinion with my colleagues and they think that this example is more of Cloaking and not of Doorway. Can you please brief more about this.

5. TechnokratsSujata

TechnokratsSujata
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is not cloaking either as in cloaking you represent a page to search engine and show users another page! I think you are ok and not doing any black hat seo. But note that your pages are missing the link juice from other pages.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I just saw your post, but, due to members being in different time zones, TechnokratsSujata answered it for me. A "Doorway" page links to a different page. A "Cloaked" page, a specific type of "Doorway" page, presents different content, designed to get the page ranked, to search engines, than it does to an actual visitor. For example, doorway.com would contain links to actualpage.com, where
    cloakedpage.com would have two separate versions, both with the same URL, one for the search engines and one for actual visitors. So, although a "Cloaked" page is a type of "Doorway" page, a "Doorway' page is not necessarily a "Cloaked" page.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jennifer Martin

Jennifer Martin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks a lot sir, for clearing my doubt with the help of Example.