Conducting your business using your smartphone anyone?

Discussion in 'Smartphones & Other Devices' started by kaian, Jul 8, 2015.

1. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you really deliver just by using your smartphone? Almost every person I know who are in business are mobile people always on the go. Sometimes a wide or bulky device is not desirable when you are travelling or meeting with clients ( except on occasions when you need to make a presentation) Are you guys able to conduct your business with this little smartphone that you use or do you need a computer or tablet still?

2. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This idea of using the smartphone for business is a novelty. But it is not far fetched since the smartphone is getting smarter and smarter. With the internet in the phone, websites can now be monitored and in the near future, updates to the websites can also be done on the smartphone. But for now, I guess it is the desktop that is most comfortable because of the large screen that affords you a good view of the web page.

3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think it's possible, unless perhaps it's a phablet. I do a lot with my iPod Touch, but it's still limited (not even talking about phone calls and texts), and I have to get on the computer to perform certain functions. I'm hoping I won't have to get on the desktop quite as much once I get my tablet, but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to do everything using just the tablet. I did buy a wireless printer though, so I am able to print from the touch, and will also be able to print from the tablet, which is very helpful.

4. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are dexterous and can manage with a touch screen alone then it's probably perfectly possible to conduct your day-to-day business from a smartphone. Personally, I couldn't stand it though. I don't get along with touch screens anyhow and I find the screen size unworkable for many tasks.

5. m0n2k

m0n2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wouldn't use a smart phone it's not secure enough. Unless your texting somebody to meet you somewhere, it isn't a good idea. A smart phone can get hacked into if it doesn't have a public setting like the OS on a computer or laptop does. A laptop is your best bet if you want to conduct business on the go. I wouldn't trust a smart phone with sensitive information, like passwords to business accounts.

6. Ali

Ali
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It really depends on what kind of business, but I would still say no. You need a laptop or tablet to send invoices, confirmations and what about updating excel spreadsheets for accounts and word for contracts? You can send them out on a smartphone, but preparing them on a smartphone is for emergencies or resending things only.

Beside the fact sometimes you need to back up files onto a USB stick and you can't so that on a smartphone. I used to host many conferences and you would need to email the presentation or have it on a USB stick as a back up.