Competitor Website Analysis

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Vfdehfv, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Vfdehfv

Vfdehfv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you tell me that which points I have to consider while doing competitor site analysis? How I can do effective competitor website analysis?

2. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keyword analysis is most important, by doing that you know which is the right keyword to help you rank well at SERP. By using Google adword tool, you can know how is the competition for the particular keyword.

We always target high traffic query keyword with low competition, it help us spend less effort to rank well.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

When I do an analysis against competitors I chart the following to get a view as to how we rank against each other from month to month;
    • Search engine rankings for a number of keywords in Google.com, Google.ie, Yahoo and Bing.
    • Number of members and forum posts (when comparing forums).
    What type of site are you doing the competitor analysis for Vfdehfv and how do you intend to use the info to the benefit of your site?

4. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Consider determining their strengths and find out what their vulnerabilities are. Why do customers buy from them. Do they buy because of convenience, service, price? What tactics are they using online to help bring in customers? Determine how they are interacting with customers. What kind of relationships are they building with their customers and potential customers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DaveCain

DaveCain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would suggest that you look at there back link profile and find out what anchor text they are using the most.

6. ActionableBiz

ActionableBiz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd use a competitor website analysis to learn as much as I can about their business model, the kinds of clients they attract, how they attract those clients and the way they talk to their potential clients.

I have a free competitor analysis template (not just for their website) over at my site. PM me if you want access to it. (I don't want to post it here as blatant self promotion).

7. etrade123

etrade123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

when we are creating meta-tag that time i see the which keyword is relevant to our website because meta-tag is most importance part of any website according to SEO because we know that if you are using relevant to keyword of your site then this is good way.