Competition analysis of these 3 keywords.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by FIBC, Aug 26, 2014.

1. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These 3 keywords:
    Bulk bags,landscape fabric,weed control fabric

Without any tools, just Searching in Google, could you judge their competitions?

1.bulk bags, results of the first 3 pages of google are most competitors' web,including home pages and inner pages.

2.landscape fabric, results of the first 3 pages of google are competitors' and Amazon,youtube, as well as other industry sites and forums, most are inner pages.

3.weed control fabric, similar to the 2.

Could you please help to analysis?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

By using only Google's search results. there is not much we can do. You already mentioned the types of sites, and the only other information we have is the number of results. As you pointed out, for bulk bags most of the listings are for competitors. I did find one listing on page 3 for "bags of candy in bulk", and one for "tea bags in bulk", but most were companies that sell bulk bags, so would be more useful for someone actually looking for bulk bags. There were about 17.6 million results, but as you go past page 3, you might as well be invisible. Also, a more specific type of bulk bags would probably get less results, but more searchers likely to buy.
    For landscape fabric, you noticed that there were articles and videos about landscape fabric. One thing I also noticed was a few listings for other types of fabric, used for other purposes besides gardening. This phrase gets about 8.64 million results, but due to the listings for articles and other types of fabric. I wonder if people looking to buy the type of landscape fabric you sell would be looking for it here.
    Unlike the other two, weed control fabric indicates a specific use for the fabric. As a result, even though it gets similar results to landscape fabric, such as articles and PDF brochures, and it only has 778,000 results, people who search this phrase may be more likely to buy, because the phrase indicates a specific use, in addition to the type of item, so listings under this phrase are more likely to have what the searcher is looking for. Be careful not to be too specific, however, because you may be limiting the pool of potential customers too much.

3. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dear joeroxx, many thanks.

I used the Google keyword tool to check the landscape fabric,weed control fabric, the searches and competitions are:

landscape fabric searches:6600, competition:1

weed control fabric searches:3600, competition:1

Based on your study in last reply, which phrase is more available for ranking?