Communication is so important...

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Diane Lane, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This shouldn't need to be said, but we use social media and cell phones for communication so frequently that sometimes we forget to double check before we hit the send key, so I decided to share this as a reminder. Hopefully it will save someone a bit of heartache. I do hope that, as stated in the article, this actually was an accident, and that the guy in the story learned a lesson, and found another job. http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/250177

2. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We live in a society and people is the main ingredient of society. That said, communication is what makes the society move. When the internet was not around yet, there was the telegram, postal mail, telex, landline phone as the means of communication. They said that without those tools, people would suffer because they cannot communicate. Now with the internet and the cell phone, communication is vastly improved and some even say that they cannot live without their phones.

• Like Like x 2
  3. kitchie

kitchie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Gadgets like phones and tablets are said to be resources of communication however in some cases parents and children lack communication because they don't talk anymore as they are busy with their gadgets. So sad.

4. AlexTuesday

AlexTuesday
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I saw this article somewhere else as well - always check the recipient of sensitive messages. Of course, there is a simpler answer; guys, girls don't like naked pictures. Its not a good idea at all!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's amazing how many people just shoot off a text message or click a name on their phone without verifying it's the right person. At least a couple of times a month, my landlady calls me thinking I'm her daughter, because we have the same first name. Apparently she doesn't have a picture associated with the name, and just hits the first one that comes up, which is me, if we've spoken recently. That's pretty annoying, but I'd be a lot more irritated if some random person I'd hired was sending me nudes o_O.

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We really should double-check and proofread our messages before we click the send button to avoid being misinterpreted or misunderstood, specially if you are dealing with someone superior. That's one of the disadvantages of modern technology, I guess. People are always in a rush; everything is fast-paced now, and sometimes, we forget to pause and reflect first.

7. rishitha

rishitha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

communication is useful thing everywhere and plays important role too.

8. Roselli Taylor

Roselli Taylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Using gadget's today like cell phone's, tablet, etc. Is one of the more important thing's for the communication today.

9. Gadsubone

Gadsubone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All relationships are built on the foundation of honesty and communication is what we use to fortify or destroy that foundation.

10. MCDA CCG

MCDA CCG
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Communication is such a crazy word these days..... You can get three different definitions of what it means depending on who you ask and which age range they fall into.
    I have employees that do EVERYTHING by text, drives me crazy sometimes. I have employees who ALWAYS pick up the phone to call and talk person to person. Then you have the employees that have a great ratio of phone and text. I try to explain to them that they need to know the message before they deliver it. Over a text message it is almost impossible to detect somebodys tone. Using the emoticon doesn't count. I would encourage all of you to know the message, then figure out how to deliver it. IF it is bad, or bad news, don't hide behind text or email, sometimes a simple phone call can make the situation better.

11. manishsqrt

manishsqrt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I encountered such an event ones with myself, i was working in my previous office. There was intercom facility in that office for communicating the staff. Unfortunately my boos was also in the same network and his number was 01, on the other hand the number of the office canteen was 10. We usually call the peon to serve water a tea 2, 3 times a day on the canteen number. I was working on some project or probably learning something and was very tensed somehow. By mistake i dallied 01 instead of 10 zero and when the person picked up the phone i ordered straight "give me a cup of coffee". Without noticing who was on the other side, unfortunately it was the boss, he was calm for a second and asked, whom have you dialed manish, its arvind here. I was shocked! oh god what have i done, the problem was that i was still an intern in that office. Some how i said sorry to him redialed the canteen number and told them for coffee. And you wont believe on the same day again just by mistake a once more dialed the wrong number and said "Please bring some cookies as well". Again the same person, hilarious, i was really ashamed, Many coworkers still think that i did that intentionally, specially the second call. But only i know the truth that it was just a mistake, that was really horrible. Some how a said sorry to him in personal, but i can never forget that. I left the office next month for some other reason. Probably they were ignoring me that's why. Always remember to double check before dialing.

12. Gerry Speck

Gerry Speck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Always remember one thing ..

A man without Communication is a man without Recognition ...

Communication is the first thing which represents yourself, your thinking capability, your behavior and all. A well communicated person can easily manage and handle their clients, employees, peoples, etc.

13. Keity

Keity
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Communication is the main factor. Without proper communication relationship doesn't last long at all. Now a days there are lot's of communications methods available. And every way keeps an important role to keep good relationship.

14. PrashantBhurke

PrashantBhurke
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Communication is the way to represent our knowledge, personality, skills, etc. With proper communication, we can easily explain all our concepts or points to third person. Proper communication is always helpful in corporate world ...

15. cwvps

cwvps
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is an option now on gmail to stop an email if you've changed your mind. You just need to set up the time in settings. Although, of course, in order for this to work for you, you need to know to whom you're sending the message.

16. saahil2310

saahil2310
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The importance of communication can be summarized as under:

· Build up motivation

· Origin of information

· Modifying individual's belief

· Support socializing

· Controlling development

· Employee Trust

· Relationships

· Clarity