Communicate Best with Body Language Secrets

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by CommunicateWell, Jan 30, 2010.

1. CommunicateWell

CommunicateWell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Body language is a famous term nowadays. It is understood as an important element of communication. Studies show that the meaning of a message depends mainly on the body language of the person who is talking. So if you don’t know the secrets of body language, you’re missing an important tool for learning how to communicate best.

Actually when we talk we don’t realize that we are communicating through body language because we use it unconsciously.

Face:

It is the most expressive part of the body. It expresses what you feel. E.g. when you feel nervous, it reflects on your face and might make you look unfriendly. Smiling, on the other hand, makes you look warm, open and confident.

Eyes:

It’s said that the eyes are the windows of the soul. They give other people clues about what we are feeling. A direct gaze towards someone can show interest. Direct staring, on the other hand, can mean dislike. Very little eye contact can show shyness.

Hands:

Gestures that someone makes when talking are important to give an idea about that person. Open hand gestures make a person appear open and honest. Moving your fingers and hands excessively can show nervousness or make someone look dishonest trying to hide something.

Posture:

Leaning towards someone show interest in that person. Slouching our shoulders and looking down show that we feel low confidence.

Men and women use body language differently. Women stand closer to each other and depend more on eye contact and gestures when they communicate with others. Men, on the other hand, use little eye contact and don’t rely on gestures when they communicate.

Men and women can develop their communication skills and communicate best by knowing more about body language secrets and be aware of the differences in their use of it.

2. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very good tips listed.

I'm very fond of using eyes to communication. It also reflects your friendliness and often being frank.

I too believe using hand is an effective way but sometimes it may generate annoying. Some believe using hand is proudy type and having ego. What do you think? But, using hands in correct and gentle direction is the best way to accomplish.

3. johndale

johndale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Face says it all but some just do the poker face. So some people could hide all their feelings.

4. lentrepot

lentrepot
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This one is nice but I agree with johndale, some people was good in hiding their feelings by doing poker face. I want to learn how to do it but I can't. :(