Commission Junction (CJ)

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by dahlia84, Oct 10, 2009.

1. dahlia84

dahlia84
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Has anyone had any luck with them? I know they are legit and pay for sure. What I do not know is, how to make money using CJ Affiliate Program. Please share your views only if you have experience in it or know something solid about it. I don't really need guesses. Thanks :)

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

CJ affiliate program is one of the affiliate program that suitable for the newbie. There are many affiliate available including pay per click, pay per lead and pay per sales. Choose the affiliate that suit your niche can actually generate good revenue from them. I use CJ on one of my blog, not making big money but still receiving their check about 3~4 months once

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Dahlia, I'm sure you've seen it but just in case you haven't you can view the CJ Publishers' Page here. They provide a huge array of products that you can promote on your website, from PC's to hosting and lots in between. Regardless of what niche your site is in, you will be able to find a suitable product to promote on it, at CJ.

I know that lots of publishers have done very well out of them and as you say they are extremely reputable. An advantage with CJ is that you can promote lots of similar type products with the one affiliate account. E.g. you could have a list of your top 3 recommended hosts on your site and every link on your list could include your CJ affiliate code and point to a large reputable hosting company.

4. jenies

jenies
    uix_expand uix_collapse

never tried it, i believe in ClickBank only, is it good?

5. dahlia84

dahlia84
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sigma and Fergal - Thank you guys for your advice. I have a couple of questions here

1. While it is an advantage to have a website for promoting their products, I don't really need a website or a blog. Do I? I believe I can directly promote it through forums or e-mails, etc. My point here is not to argue which one will bring in more sales but that it can be done even without a website. My blog is seven months old and does not have any page rank. So, I am not planing to promote it through my blog.

2. I was on CJ this morning and was trying to understand their basic funda. I concluded that only LEADS are what I can manage and not sales. Convincing people to buy products is harder (to me atleast) than getting lead (when I say leads, I mean something like getting people to signup or download something or such actions). I was trying to apply for some of such pay per lead programs but I was not able to. Because, when I clicked on the Apply to This Program button, it said I was automatically declined. I am guessing it could be because I dont come from the country which they want to. So, Is there any solid way for me to categorize what kind of pay per lead i can opt for or should I try applying for the programs and get denied to see if I am applicable or not?

Sigma

I would love to hear from you. Do you mind telling me how do you earn from CJ? Pay per sales or Pay per lead? Do you pay people to get the leads or you just do it all through your website?

6. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most of the affiliate program request you to have either blog or website to promote their product/service. Many of them not allow forum posting and email sending because previously many people spamming around the forum and email, this give negative impaction to the advertiser

You need to have quality website or blog . Some even request same niche or in certain languages, all depends on the advertiser requirement

I use both pay per lead and pay per sales, i dont cheat, mean not paying people to lead but only get natural lead. Sorry, not going to tell you how much i earn, just can say it is good enough for me