Colour schemes for business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by goldie, Oct 1, 2010.

1. goldie

goldie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Want some ideas for a good colour to use on our logo for a bakery. I've heard some colours do not go well when advertising food as subconsciously it puts people off eating.

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Best thing to do this is search for existing bakery logos. But do not copy them, just get an idea from their designs.
    As far as I see from the bakeries around us, most colors used are brown, yellow, red and white.
    Here are a few samples from Google Search: http://bit.ly/bkHBpI and http://bit.ly/coRuNE

Hope that helps.

3. Komputergeek

Komputergeek
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agree with GekiDen..
    See some existing bakery brand logos. You can take some colors, fonts and image inspirations from those logos. Good luck.

4. VVhite_Angel

VVhite_Angel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

5. Jahan Choudhry

Jahan Choudhry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I personally think pink and yellow/gold are a good colour scheme.

Gold because of its link with honey and syrup, pink because it is a pleasant and positive colour. However that is my take as a normal consumer, but as per statistics I probably represent a certain percentage of the market.

6. wringle

wringle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ok, so a couple of days ago I asked which colours were in harmony/compliment Red (my favourite colour) for my business logo. So I have a question for you guys...

After messing with a colour schemer this two I liked the best. The only thing is that the red/blue kinda looks like the US flag ;x What do you guys think, any other advice is welcome.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum goldie! I'd suggest soft pastel colours with perhaps some orange. Orange is a very appetising colour and could work very well for a bakery logo. Other colours that might work are burgundy red or soft browns.

wringle if you would like advice for your own logo please start a new thread with your questions and we would be delighted to help you.