Co owners?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by pandaa, Sep 2, 2012.

1. pandaa

pandaa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you're going to start a brand new business from scratch, do you look into finding a partner to go into it with you? Or are you the type that likes to get it all setup and then think about it? I guess in the beginning, I like having full control and non conflicting opinions. It helps me focus. :)

2. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think having partner is only needed when you both have expertise in one subject. For example you are good at selling products but the other owner is good at advertising and good communication skills it would be ideal to have to owners. If you think you can handle both ends by all means I would say do it all yourself and just have a manager and you would be better off.

3. man12345

man12345
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But not all the banks give loan for such property where the joint co-owners are not blood relatives.

4. UTMediaGroup

UTMediaGroup
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Having full control is what I like. I like being able to say what will be done and how I want it. If you have a co-owner and you can not decide because you both want different things, that is hard.

5. storeowner

storeowner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I merged with a partner and after a tough 3 months we are already sick of each other and I'm trying to figure out a way out. Even if we don't go bankrupt, I'm losing my entire business I built on my own and then merged. Be very, very careful.