Cloud solutions

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by healingforce, Jul 28, 2015.

1. healingforce

healingforce
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi guys, if you're planning to start a new start.up would you rely to cloud services for your online/IT area of your business?

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't like to rely on third-party solutions, whether cloud solutions or regular solutions for a sole reason; they do not depend on you and you will never know for how long you will have them.

I made this mistake when you starting up my online ventures and, at some point, some of those websites providing external services shut down, changed ownership, moved content, or anything else you can think of, but result was the same; my site was totally broken after this.

Actually Google seems too reliable to distrust of it, but again, we have seen may Google services failing to succeed and being removed, what if you have chosen one of those for your startup?

Yes, you can start your business venture using cloud solutions, but don't rely on them per se, let them run while you create your own self-managed services to substitute them with yours whenever your ready for it.