Clicking your own google Ads, how does google track you ?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by devils_reject, Mar 30, 2008.

1. devils_reject

devils_reject
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have dynamc IP and clean your cookies, how can they track you ??

2. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Your system still leaves a footprint, such as broswer, and the list of plugins, and your OS. I am sure that they can, and maybe do, glean other information about your computer, as I have seen sites pull my hard drives ID info up and display it.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm not sure how they do it but they are a huge corporation with lots of very clever technology and they can do it.

Don't click your own ads, unless you want to get your Adsense account banned quick smart.

In addition to checking if you are clicking your own ads Google's technology looks to see if your ads are getting other fraudulent clicks, even if they are not being made by you. So don't ask your cousin who is living the far side of the world to click your ads either, because that can also get your account banned.

Google are particular about their ads, because if their ad system was being abused, eg by people clicking their own ads, advertisers would not be as attracted to advertising on Adsense and this would hurt Google's revenue stream.

Stay legit and work hard at it. If you're persistent you'll learn, your profits will increase and you'll wonder why you ever even considered risking your account by clicking on your own ads.

4. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think i've read in a blog something that may be of help.
    During the last years, in order of Google to prevent such scammy actions, clicking of own ads to earn credit, i read that they have developed an agorythm, which logs your IP address and tracks your IP changes all the time. That means, they do know evey time the publishers IP address and can determine whether it's a real hit or not.
    Though, what i said above can't be verified in any way, hopefully it'll be a good guess, since google's algorythms have been under huge developments the last years, especially after the purchase of doubleclick.
    Hope i helped a bit!

5. King Justice

King Justice
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google tracks and compares your IP address with all of its services. If you log into gMail and then click on your ad, you'll be identified as TOS violation with AdSense.

Why would you want to click on your own ads anyway? That's highly unethical. Don't do it.

If you want to be paid to click, join a PTC site.

6. archgames

archgames
    uix_expand uix_collapse

google will have loads of different ways on tracking you down No matter what you do and why would you go click you ads? whats the point? you know youll get banned from the BIG G's.

like King Justice said if you do want to click ads for $$ Join Some PTC like bux.to

7. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I have heard some things about bux to not paying. Is there any truth to the complaints I have seen on other forums?

8. wormy

wormy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google ads are served via javascript which means the code is downloaded and executed on your very own computer by your web browser. This allows google to grab a lot more information about your PC than ordinary code running on a web server. I would definately not risk outsmarting google, it's just not worth it.

9. lepi

lepi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is absolutly not smart to do! Google can easy track you if you will doing this! Why don't you just spent more eforts to promote your site........not for cheating! You can even get problems if some people to much clicking on your ads not just if you do this yourself!

At in the end will not worth anything if you will be banned from Adsense......do you think the same?

10. braane

braane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't even ponder how they do it. Avoid clicking your own ads at all costs, they will find you out. First off, Google will make sure that your click does not count. Every click for a while after that may not count, whether you made it or not. Then you risk being banned, I am not quite sure how their service works, but I think its similar to a "3 strikes and you are out" system.

11. Connnerrr

Connnerrr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wouldn't even think about doing it. They probably install a plugin to your computer that could track your clicks. That way, when you click someone else's ads, you are put on their list and they can track to see if you have been clicking it too much or if it is your own.