Clever monetization tricks for starting blogs with very little traffic yet.

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Melvin, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Melvin

Melvin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey everyone, zup?

Its not really true that you cannot make money w/a blog having less traffc. While better traffic is equal to better income, you can always do other stuffs that can bring you some income to pay for your hosting at least. (this is what I did and worked for me before)

Note: The point of this post is not to say that you should not work on your traffic. You should first and foremost. Traffic on blogs should be the initial goal for most blogs. That being said, you should be working on initially getting traffic for the first 2 months at least (imho)! After getting that traffic, the money made would be much easier.

1. Sell ad space for as little as $1. go and head on to dp or other forums and sell your ad space for a cheap price lets say a dollar. Most marketers have the tendency to play safe and choose a cheaper one for cheaper risk and I think I got about 5 people eventually buying.

2. Money for some banners/links - Sites like money4banners.com and money4blogs.com pay for you to place their banner and/or link on your blog. The trend here is that their advertisers are loan and finance companies so I guess they are taking a big cut from what you are getting. Well i signed for those and was accepted. They are paying me 5 pounds per month which is not bad and I had their banners placed at the bottomest!

3. Get a great theme - What I noticed these days is that the better your site looks the better the traction it gets and so I've seen lot of sites not really producing superb contents but have great themes and they're getting viewed a lot! not really you need a custom one designed but well go to smashing magazine and tweak their free premium themes... good design inflates the value of your blog a lot.

So, that is what has worked for me! Again for me... Maybe things have changed so quickly but I think this is still working for now. This is what I did with my blog MelvinBlog.com a long time ago

Maybe you have other tips to share?

2. mv5869

mv5869
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not sure I agree. Traffic is everything. There is no point having a great site if no-one sees it.

Your site income = "$ per conversion" x "conversion rate (%)" x number of hits.

So you need to increase hits.

Try this: http://www.fwebtraffic.com

Let me know what you think of it (its not my site btw! - I just find it works)

3. Melvin

Melvin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really don't like those kinds of traffic sites. Most of the times its pretty much like traffic exchanges where you need to view other peoples sites so you can have credits for people to view your site.. There's also an option for paying for those hits.

I didn't really say that traffic isn't important. It is, in fact if not for traffic my blogs and sites wouldn't make me a nice monthly income. That's why I italicized the point in there