Christopher Nolan RIP

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Fergal, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I was saddened by the news yesterday that Christopher Nolan had died.

Nolan suffered from severe Cerebal Palsy and the only part of his body that he could move was his head. Yet through the help of his Mother, Christopher did not let this major disability inhibit him.

Christopher became an internationally recognised and award winning author. He wrote by tapping a keyboard, with a pointer strapped to his head. Progress was slow and it took him eight hours to write a single page, yet through incredible persistence he had three books published.

Christopher went to the same school as the U2 band members and their Miracle Drug song was written about Nolan.

Bono said of Christopher Nolan;

If Christopher Nolan could overcome such a major disability to become an internationally recognised and awarded author what can you achieve?

2. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's a sad loss indeed, Fergal and very humbling to witness someone prevailing against such odds. It puts all our worries and complaints into perspective really. Bless his family at this difficult time.

We can achieve what we want to if we want it bad enough, I feel. It's having the fire and determination in you that matters most.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks Kay, I agree, people with fire and determination can overcome many major obstacles on the path to getting what they want.